Cinderella

(Kat's Outfit for this chapter- putting it here because I can't get the links to work for it- sorry- www.polyvore.com/comfy_work_day/set?id=173022804) - probably going to add the outfits for the previous chapters tonight if you're interested in seeing them check back later! (: 

-----Kat's POV 

As I get closer to the Skate Zone, my heart continues to soar to the top of my throat- I think I'm gonna throw up. I park my car quickly among the expensive black SUVs owned by the players and take a few deep breaths before hanging my camera on my shoulder and getting out of the car. Just breathe, I'm sure Kelly doesn't even know about Claude- who am I trying to kid? I'm probably going to get fired the second I step into her office.

"Hey Kelly!" my voice cracks.

"Hey Katina- sorry to call you so early after the party- I'm sure you had your fun," she replies- I can't tell if she's being sarcastic or sincere.

"Yeah! It was great," I laugh nervously.

"Great- I called to ask if you could stop by my office immediately after practice on Thursday? We have a couple huge things to talk about- I'd rather not do it over the phone," Kelly says blankly. A rock drops to the pit of my stomach making my mind spin- why can't she talk about it on the phone? Probably because it's not ethical to fire someone over the phone! my subconscious chimes bitterly.

"Katina? You still there?" she asks knocking me out of the fight going on in my head.

"Y-y-yes! I'll be there!"

"Okay, great, see you then," Kelly answers and then hangs up rather quickly.

I pull open the front entrance door and it feels like my very first day all over again- except of course only more terrifying. I'm not sure what's making me more nervous, seeing Claude or Kelly- what did I get myself into? Claude's probably done with me- he got me to sleep with him- just another conquest to keep him entertained when he's not on the ice. But then again, I'm the idiot that never answered when he called yesterday morning. As I get closer to the rink, I hear the sound of whistles and yelling, letting me know that drills had already started.

I keep my eyes glued facing forward to avoid risking the chance of connecting gazes with Claude- him and his amazing hazel eyes. As the door latches loudly behind me, I see several heads look my way in my peripherals. I feel like everyone's eyes are on me, burning holes in my fleece- did they know? Did Sean tell everyone about Claude and I's secret night? Or was it Matt that caught a glimpse of me when I was leaving the apartment? I shake my head to expel all negative thoughts from my mind- I'm sure I'm just being paranoid.

"Katina!" I hear my name crisply and my head snaps in the voice's direction; I let out a sigh- thank god it's only Jeff. He waves me over and I give him a nod and a smile as I walk over. He's standing by Coatesy and a camera crew, helping them set up for a segment.

"Hey Jeff," I smile, trying to hide my nerves.

"How'd you enjoy the party? Shame that you had to leave so early," he comments.

"Huh? Oh! Yeah- I uh- was so tired," I try to sell my lie- thankfully he buys it.

Coatesy waves over a skater from the ice as I take some photos while making small talk with Jeff. It's refreshing how nice he is- not manipulative, or so hot and cold- Jeff is just Jeff. All of the sudden I hear Coatesy start the interview, "So we're here with none other than Captain Claude Giroux!" I nearly drop my camera from my face at the sound of his name, thankfully the strap saves it from tumbling to the ground. Explicit memories of Tuesday night flood my mind as I glance at his face adorned with overgrown scruff, and wild helmet hair.