Close Proximity

-----Kat's POV  (outfit: http://www.polyvore.com/early_morning_wake-up/set?id=178268608)

"Yeah just like that he apologized," I confess over the phone.

"Really? That's crazy- what are you going to do?" Jules asks, dying for more information.

"Well I mean he said to go back to being friends- it's better than avoiding each other and then treating each other like shit," I admit as I flop on my bed wearing my sweatpants, comfy slippers, and sweater.

"Well how's it been acting like friends?"

"I mean it happened a few days ago- when we were in Vancouver after the game. But so far it's okay- we've only had time talking before games or on the bus," I sigh frustratedly, "I wish we could go back to before everything happened but I've never had strictly 'just friends' feelings for him."

"Well I guess you're going to just have to try," Jules says and I hear her sip on her coffee.

"Yeah I guess so," I mutter back in a reply, "so have you talked to Sean lately?"

"Yessss," she practically sings on the phone- totally smitten, "I'm so excited to see you guys in a few days," she grins.

"Well I think it's more or less Sean who you want to see," I giggle.

"No way! The apartment is so quiet without you!"

"Sure Jules- you don't have to lie," I say, continuing to tease her, "I'm sure Sean would love to-" I begin to say but there is a loud knock on my door, interrupting me. I pause, and wait for another knock on my door to get up from my bed- who the heck would be knocking on my door this early?

"Kat- you still there?" I hear Jules say.

"Yeah hold on someone's at the door," I fill her in as I make my way across the room. I grab a scarf and wrap it around my neck to hide my scar quickly.

"Maybe it's Claude," she giggles.

"Ha very funny," I scoff, opening up the door, placing the phone against my chest. My eyes widen as I see the captain of the Flyers standing before me with a huge grin. I blink and shake my head making sure this wasn't some type of vivid mirage.

"Uh, Claude- hey," I stammer, fiddling with my scarf, spreading it out just to be sure my scar was hidden. He looks at my hand fidgeting with my scarf curiously but quickly tears his attention away from it.

"Cute pj's," he states matter-of-factly, looking me up and down with a smirk plastered on his face. I think about spitting a snarky comment in his face but I hold back- friends- we were friends- I have to be friendly.

"hah- thanks," I refrain from rolling my eyes.

"What? No sassy comeback? C'mon Kat," he teases standing in my doorway.

"What did you want?" I ask, arching my eyebrow, trying not to sound like I didn't want him around. Honestly, I'd hate to admit it but being this close to him makes my heart want to break out of my chest. I want nothing more than to be around him- despite everything that happened.

"Well, we have a free morning and I wanted to know if you wanted to go to breakfast?" he asks nervously, his cocky ego fading quickly. He reads my hesitant facial expression and begins talking before I can give him my answer, "you can even go like that- you don't even have to change if you don't want to- you look fine- no great- I just-"

"No I'll change," I half laugh, cutting him off from rambling more, and cheeks turn red as he rakes a hand through his thick hair, "you just caught me off guard- just give me a couple of minutes to change?"