Ship to Wreck

-----Kat's POV

I drop all of my bags as soon as I get into the apartment and slam the door behind me causing a confused Julie to look up from her breakfast. "Well, I know the Flyers lost to the Rangers, but Kat really- you can't be that upset," she says with laugh and an arched eyebrow, searching my face for an answer.

"He kissed me," spills out of my mouth defeatedly before I can stop it. I watch Jules' face change from playful to serious in a split second.

"Wait- what?"

"Claude. H-he kissed me!" I confess in a frustrated yell. I search her eyes quickly anticipating her reaction; hoping -no praying- she'd have the answer to my problems- she'd tell me what to do and everything could go back to a happy normal.

Julie shakes her head in disbelief, "Wait- rewind and freeze; Claude kissed you? Like totally full on kissed you?"

"No Jules, he was just giving me a French greeting, meant to kiss my cheek but totally missed," I shout sarcastically and throw my hands up in the air.

"Shut up," she retorts, dismissing my sarcasm, "I thought you two were just friends- weren't acting on any feelings?"

"I mean we are friends- but it's weird- it's hard to explain," I admit with an exhausted groan.

"Well I have time," she replies with an arched eyebrow.

"It's complicated."

"You bet your ass it is," she challenges- not leaving my sight until I tell her the truth about Claude and I.

"Honestly, we are friends but- I-I like him a lot more than I lead on," I let out in one breath.

"Well duh Kat, I'm not blind," she remarks with a scoff, "it's obvious you like him."

I narrow my eyes at her,"well anyways, we almost kissed at the pool party and in Boston. But on the bus this morning, he kissed me- and- I-I didn't stop it. I wanted to keep going- kiss him till my lips fell off! Jules I've wanted him to kiss me for so long. Now, I have no idea what to do. I can't lose my job and for god sake's Jules- I have a boyfriend and I'm actually sitting here contemplating a farfetched relationship with a guy who I can't even date."

"Mi poco Katina: practically living the dream, running around with the Flyers, getting mixed up with Philadelphia's most eligible bachelor Claude Giroux," she shakes her head with an admirable smile and then says something that makes my jaw drop to the floor, "I'm proud of you."

"Excuse me? Aren't you going to tell me how reckless I'm being?"

"Kat- don't get me wrong- cheating on your boyfriend is pretty shitty but you're finally living your life- you've always played it safe- for as long as I can remember. Really the only risk you've taken was moving here and applying for the Flyers' job. And for the first time in practically forever, you're actually feeling something about life and for somebody," she admits and it takes me a few seconds to process what she said. "Look, I just want you to be happy."

"That's the problem- I don't think I can be in this situation. No matter what I choose, it's going to rip my heart out Jules. I've dated Kyle for so long- he's my best friend- I can't break his heart but it's going to happen either way," I confess, "I'm scared to be without him but I can't keep saying I love you to him knowing it's a lie. Claude though, he reminds me what falling in love feels like. But guess what- I can't be with him either." My throat tightens up and my heart sinks but I conjure up the strength to fight off the urge to cry. "I just don't know what to do Jules."