Burning Bonds

As the Mooh Dikhai ceremony unfolds, Daksh's phone buzzes with an incoming call from his friends, urging him to attend coaching.

Daksh glances at his phone, his frustration evident as he steps aside to take the call.

Rahul: "Hey Daksh, kahan hai tu? Coaching ke liye late ho raha hai!"

[Hey Daksh, where are you? You're getting late for coaching!]

Daksh's tone is terse as he responds, his irritation simmering beneath the surface.

Daksh: "Yaar, main abhi ghar pe hoon. Family business meeting ke liye late ho gaya hoon."

[Buddy, I'm at home right now. I'm running late for a family business meeting.]

Amit: "Arre yaar, meeting chhod ke aaja na. Hum sab tere wait kar rahe hain."

[Come on, leave meating and join us. We're all waiting for you.]

Daksh's frustration boils over as he firmly declines their invitation.

Daksh: "Nahi yaar, main nahi aa sakta. Mujhe yeh family ka kaam zaroori hai."

[No buddy, I can't come. This family business is important to me.]

With a sigh, Daksh ends the call and turns back towards the festivities, his mind still preoccupied with thoughts of the coaching classes he's missing. Despite the lure of spending time with his friends, the weight of his responsibilities weighs heavily on his shoulders, reminding him of the difficult choices he must make in balancing his personal and academic life.

After the Mooh Dikhai ceremony concludes, Daksh and Maya retreat to their bedroom, the tension between them palpable.

Once inside, Daksh's resentment bubbles to the surface, his words cutting like shards of ice as he addresses Maya.

Daksh: "I wish you had married Arjun instead. At least then, you wouldn't have been a burden on me."

Maya's heart sinks at Daksh's cruel words, the weight of his rejection crushing her spirit.

Maya: "Daksh, why are you saying such things? We're married now, and we need to make this work."

But Daksh remains unmoved, his anger and bitterness overshadowing any semblance of compassion or understanding.

Daksh: "I don't want to make anything work with you. You're just a constant reminder of everything I've lost."

Maya's eyes fill with tears, her voice trembling with hurt and disappointment.

Maya: "I never wanted to be a burden to you, Daksh. I just want us to find a way to be happy together."

Daksh's grip tightens around Maya's waist, she feels a rush of adrenaline coursing through her veins. Surprisingly, instead of fear, a glimmer of amusement dances in her eyes.

Daksh:"Happy? never with you!! You made my life a hell Maya.."

Maya: "Then kill me!"

Daksh's eyes narrow, his grip on her tightening even further as he leans in closer, his breath hot against her skin.

Daksh: "Then my parents won't get Verma mines. Otherwise, I would have burnt you alive."

Maya's lips curl into a sardonic smile, her gaze unwavering as she meets Daksh's intense stare.

Maya: "Ah, the sacrifices we make for family wealth. How noble."

Daksh's jaw clenches with frustration, his anger simmering just beneath the surface as Maya's mocking tone stirs something deep within him.

Maya's heart pounds in her chest as she struggles against Daksh's iron grip, her resolve flickering like a candle in the wind

With a final, forceful shove, Daksh releases Maya, the tension between them crackling like lightning in the air.

Their eyes lock in a battle of wills, each refusing to back down as they stand on the precipice of an uncertain future, their hearts heavy with the weight of unspoken truths and unresolved conflicts.

Maya: " chahe aap mujhse kitni bhi nafrat karle yun bewajah meri kamar pe haath rakhne ka koi haq nhi hai aapko samjhe aap!
[No matter how much you hate me, you have no right to put your hand on my waist unnecessarily, you understand!?]

Daksh: "oh abhi toh tum bada bol Rahi thi ki we are weds we should abide by this bond us hisaab se toh mai tumhe kaise bhi touch karu it should not be a problem to you dear."
[oh now you told me badly that we are weds we should abide by this bond as per us I know how to touch you it should not be a problem to you dear.]

Maya: "Izzat se pesh aao mujhse daksh biwi hu tumhari jab man kare tab aakar apne tantrum jhadna band kardo!! Bahot seh liya humne.."

[Treat me with respect, I am your wife whenever you feel angry it, you throw your tantrums on me stop that now!! I have endured a lot..]

Daksh: "You're damn disgusting Maya a characterless girl who slept with her boyfriend before marriage and now you are raising voice huh!??"

Maya: "Oh, sach? Yeh wo bol Raha hai jo izzat ka matlab bhi nahi jaanta? Tumhari baatein bewakoofi aur gusse se bhari hui hain. Shayad mere liye 'character' ka koi matlab nahi hai, lekin kam se kam mere paas imaandari hai, jo tum mein clearly nahi hai. Toh pehle apne aap ko dekho, Daksh, phir mujh par ilzaam lagane ki himmat karo."

[Oh, really? Coming from someone who doesn't even know the meaning of respect? Your words reek of ignorance and insecurity. I may not fit into your narrow-minded definition of 'character,' but at least I have integrity, something you clearly lack. So before you throw around baseless accusations, take a good look in the mirror, Daksh.]

Daksh: "Just leave. I don't want to argue with someone like you."

Maya's demeanor remains composed, her voice carrying a hint of icy detachment.

Maya: "Fine, Daksh. Who will talk to a stubborn person like you? ."

Daksh's expression hardens, his resolve unyielding.

Daksh: "I said leave. I have more important things to do than waste my time with you."

Maya meets his gaze with a steely resolve, her facade unwavering.

Maya: "chillao mat mujhpe tameez me raho, samjhe!!. Your priorities are crystal clear."
[Don't shout at me, be polite, understand.]

With a deliberate turn, she exits the room, her steps echoing with silent defiance.