Cold words Cold hearts

As the car engine hummed to life, Maya turned to Daksh, a sense of gratitude welling up within her for his unexpected defense.

Maya: "Thank you, Daksh, for standing up for me back there. It meant a lot."

Daksh's response was curt, his tone cold and dismissive as he brushed off her appreciation.

Daksh: "Don't read too much into it. I did what I had to."

Maya's heart sank at Daksh's brusque reply, her attempt at reconciliation met with a wall of indifference.

Maya: "But still, I appreciate it. It wasn't easy for you to do."

Daksh's grip tightened on the steering wheel, his frustration simmering beneath the surface as he snapped back.

Daksh's words pierced the air, his tone dripping with disdain and resentment.

Daksh: "Main chahta hoon tumhara character saaf hota, taaki koi mujh par ungli na uthaata. Ab main kabhi bhi kisi bhi family gathering  mein tumhare saath nahi jaaunga."

[I wish you had a clean character so that nobody could look down on me. Now, I'm never going to any family gathering with you.]

Maya's demeanor turned icy, her response cutting and devoid of warmth.

Maya: "Aur main chahti hoon tumhare paas thoda insaaniyat hoti, lekin hamesha humein woh nahi milta, na?"

[And I wish you had some decency, but we can't always get what we want, can we?]

Daksh's grip on the steering wheel tightened, his jaw clenched in silent fury.

Daksh: "Bakwaas mat karo, Maya. Tum jaanti ho main kya keh raha hoon."

[Don't be ridiculous, Maya. You know what I mean.]

Maya's eyes flashed with defiance as she turned to face him, her voice dripping with sarcasm.

Maya: "Oh, main bilkul samajh gayi, Daksh. Tum kabhi mauka nahi chodte mujhe yaad dilaane ka."

[Oh, I know exactly what you mean, Daksh. You never miss an opportunity to remind me.]

Daksh: "Tum ho hi aisi I can't help it but remind you your so called good deeds."

[You are like that I can't help it but remind you you so called good deeds]

With a heavy silence settling between them, Maya's words hung in the air like a bitter reminder of their fractured relationship, the distance between them widening with each passing moment.

They arrived their house by night and were asked to make arrangements for their reception coz Mr Agnihotri was on business trip and his schedule's very tight and Mrs agnihotri won't be in city for three days and directly they both will drop at the...

They arrived their house by night and were asked to make arrangements for their reception coz Mr Agnihotri was on business trip and his schedule's very tight and Mrs agnihotri won't be in city for three days and directly they both will drop at the reception day.

Scene: Maya and Daksh are sitting in the living room of their home, surrounded by papers and lists related to the preparations for their reception party. They both look tense and annoyed, the weight of the upcoming event hanging heavily over them.