#26. He gets trapped in the maze.

(A/N: IM backkk!!!!!)

Thomas:

Your POV

I was waiting at the doors for Thomas to get back from running, but today he was running late. I was seated on rock, just looking around until you saw Alby, Newt, and all the others head toward the doors. You jogged over the doors and waited, Newt came to your side, and Alby did also. You looked out into the maze, as the doors made the sound of closing. You finally saw him running, you looked at him worried. He wasn't going to make it! you thought as the doors were so close to closing, Thomas reached them right when they closed. "No..." you said looking as everyone looked as worried as you. You began to cry, just knowing that he might not make it. Newt placed a hand on your shoulder, "He's going to be fine Y/N." he said smiling at you. You nodded and walked back with Newt to your hammock.

Thomas's POV

I banged on the doors, Minho had gotten out. "No! Please let me see Y/N again! Just one last time!" I screamed. I began to cry slowly, until I heard a whirring sound.

Whirrrrrr

tick tick

whirrrrrr

I got up and began to run away from the sound, I was faced with a dead end. "Oh come on! Not again." I said out of breath. I began to climb, up the vines that were on one of the sides of the walls. I reached the top and stayed there until the sounds of Grievers were distant. I looked around my surroundings, seeing the tops of each corridor in the maze. I sighed sitting down looking at everything. I couldn't sleep I tried but I miss Y/N too much. She would tell me that everything will be okay. She'll sing a lullaby, I miss her.

-Time skip-

I jumped up seeing the sunlight come over the tops of the maze. I smiled and climbed down from the top, running away from this place. I looked around the maze, until I reached the Glade. Everyone was walking away, except Y/N. She smiled once seeing me, "Thomas!" she screamed. Everyone turned and gasped seeing me. Y/N wrapped her arms around me, I wrapped my arms around her waist hugging tightly. She laughed and placed a kiss on my lips.

Newt:(This is before he had the accident.)

I looked as Newt was getting ready to run with Alby, I sighed looking at them both begin to start. I saw them disappear into the maze. I got up, and putting on my shoes and walking to Minho. "Hey Y/N" he said, "Couldn't sleep?" he asked. I shook my head, "Need help with anything?" I asked him. He smiled and shook his head, "Nah, but the Greenie could use a little help." he said pointing to a kid younger than me. I didn't know his name so I decided to ask him. "Hey bud, how's life in the Glade so far?" I asked him. He was shaking, and he nodded slowly. "You okay? Uh..." I asked him, he turned. "My n-name's Ben." he said. I nodded, "Well the Glade is a place to get use too, so just make friends." I said patting his back. He looked at me worried, "Are you okay?" I asked him he shook his head. "What's the matter?" I sat down next to him. "I'm so scared." He said tears began to flow down his face. "Hey it's okay, I know it's scary but it'll be alright. Don't cry." I said placing a hand on his back. He sobbed for a long time, before I decided the best bet was to take him on a walk around the glade. We were walking near the East door when we saw Alby running out. He was breathing heavily, Newt wasn't behind him either. "Alby? Are you okay? Where's Newt?" I asked him, I helped him stand up straight. He looked at me, before saying "There was a Griever. I ran, I don't know where he went." He said before collapsing. "Ben. Get Clint and Jeff." I ordered. He stood there confused and a little dazed, "Now!" I screamed at him.

I stayed near the doors, Newt still hadn't come out and it had been over 2 hours. The doors would be closing soon. I watched the maze, that's when I saw him. The doors has began to close already. He was only a few feet away, but he wasn't going to make it. "Newt run! Please!" I exclaimed at him. He reached the doors, but he couldn't fit through the tiny gap. "No! Come on! Newt!" I screamed before the doors closed.