Chapter 17: Dinner and Wine

Sam growled lowly as she looked in the full length mirror which stood glued to the wall in front of her. On her thin, pale body was a blood red loose fitting skater dress with a belt around her middle only a few shades lighter. Sam stood glaring at the dress with nothing else on, her hair was curled and hanging loosely down her shoulders with her make up done in her usual way, with blood red lips and soft eyes.

" Why are you growling at yourself? You look stunning." Gabriel spoke with a kind smile to her as he walked over to her. He stood behind Sam and placed his hands onto her hips pulling her body close to him.

" I'm in a dress." She said to him more like a question than a statement as Gabriel chuckled, placing his face into the nap of her neck. Her soft brown hair tickling his features.

"Yes, and you look beautiful." He began as Sam sighed and her shoulders dropped, "And before you even ask, yes. You have to wear it."

"Fine, but I have to wear whatever else I want." She bargained as Gabriel let out a hum of thought before nodding softly.

" I can do that." He spoke with a smirk and Sam pulled out of his grip and walked over to her normal clothes. She pulled on her black leather combat boots and her leather jacket, pulling her hair out from underneath it and pulled the jacket onto her properly.

" You just went from beautiful to a whole new fucking level..." Gabriel spoke in a deep husky voice with his eyes scanning over her, drinking in every part of her skin and every fold of her clothes.

" Yeah well you had your chance." Sam mumbled and turned away from him, walking out the room and towards the main room from the Alpha and Beta. John was standing in the middle of the room with a bowl of food in his hand and a spoon full in his mouth when his eyes saw Sam. He choked on his food and threw the spoon back into the bowl and covered his mouth.

" Well..." He coughed to her with a smirk to her, Sam glared at him as if to dare him to continued. John saw the glare and immediately looked down clearing his throat causing Sam too smirk at him and then turn to the stairs.

" Tell Gab I will be down stairs." Sam spoke and skipped down the stairs leaving John standing there agape. Gabriel then walked through the door with a frown edged into his face. Gabriel wore black tight jeans and a black buttoned up shirt with the top two buttons undone. He ran his hands frustratingly through his messy brown hair and looked to John.

" She went down stairs." John spoke and Gabriel nodded to him in thanks both bounding down the stairs. When he reached the bottom of the stairs, he found Sam standing in the open doorway looking out with her back turned to him. Gabriel pulled in a deep breath and smile softly as he walked over her and wrapped his arm around her waist. He pulled her by his side and moved forward towards the jeep that was waiting for them at the bottom of the stone stairs. Gabriel opened the door for her and Sam slipped in. He walked around the car and jumped into the driver's seat, quickly starting the engine and moving off over the gravel driveway.

" Where are we going?" Sam asked looking out her window at the passing by houses. The children playing happily in the front gardens while their parents watched over them. Seeing this caused her heart to break slightly with the knowledge she will never see her parents in this life and with the fact that she does not have enough time to have a family of her own. Too see her children take their first steps, say their first words and grow up loved and happy. She will never have a husband to love her and kiss her when he comes home.

" We are going to a new Italian place that just opened." He spoke to Sam with a smile before looking back to the road. Sam stayed quiet and continued to think about the life she wanted, but could never obtain. Before she knew what was happening, Gabriel pulled the car to a stop outside a small restaurant that looked very attractive. Gabriel had opened Sam's door and offered her a hand out, which she gladly took it and stood up out of the jeep. Gabriel closed the door behind her and wrapped his arm around her waist again.

" Do you have to have me attached to your hip all the time?" Sam asked rolling her eyes at him.

" Out in public? Yes. I do not like it when other men stare at you." He growled at even just the thought of another person's eyes staring at his mate. But he knew, he did not have the right to call her such; after everything he has put her through.

" Alpha's." Sam whispered while rolling her eyes and continuing forward into the small restaurant.

" Table for two please." Sam smiled to the waiter who smirked down at her with a glint in his eyes.

" Now, please." Gabriel glared at the waiter. As soon as the waiter's eyes looked to his alpha's glare, he shrunk back in fear while showing his neck in admission to him. He then quickly picked up the menus and lead them both over to their seat at the back of the place. Sam sat down while Gabriel grabbed the waiter's upper arm tightly and place his lips close to his ear.

" Look at my mate like that again. I will rip your heart out." He hissed so quietly that only he and the waiter could hear.

" Understood, Alpha. I'm sorry." He whispered with wide, fearful eyes and a stiff back.

" I want another waitress, to deal with us please." Gabriel hissed in his ear and took the menus out of his hand, forcing him away from their table. Sam sighed looking at Gabriel with a raised eyebrow, not all to happy with his reaction.

" Jeez... You are getting more possessive, pal!" Sam called as Gabriel dropped onto his seat and handed over her menu.

" I guess I am." Gabriel smirked to Sam who opened the deep red menu.

" Hello, my name is Mandy and I will be your server today. So what can I get you guys to drink?" The blond spoke in a high but kind-to-the-ears voice, her dirty blond hair tied back in a ponytail and her make-up done to a soft perfection. Her uniform consisted of a black dress shirt with black formal trousers and a black apron.

" I will have a Pino white please." Gabriel asked as he then looked to Sam who was looking over the drinks section of the menu.

" I will have..." She dragged out her words. "The Hardy's Crest red please."

"Alright, I will bring those right over." Mandy smiled and walked away from them. Gabriel looked to Sam with an amused smirk on his face.

" What?" Sam asked wanting to know why he was staring at her with an amused look and a side smirk.

" Never pegged your for a red wine drinker." Gabriel said with a shrugged of his shoulders while Sam faked her hurt feeling with a hand over her chest.

" I will have you know, Gab. I am very will acquainted with red wine and whiskys." Sam said with pride as she went back to reading her menu.

" We'll just have to test that." He smirked to her as Sam nodded to him while never taking her eyes up from the words printed onto the white sheet paper.