Chapter 23: Seen

14 days

The past three days flew by as Gabriel and Sam spent as much time together as they could. Sam went for a check up after they arrived back to the pack house and was give the all clear, considering her condition. Gabriel was currently sitting working in hus office while Sam sat curled up on one of the leather sofas. There was a knock on the door before it opened gently to show John.

" Alpha." He greeted quietly when he saw Sam asleep on the sofa.

" John, sit. Do you have any information?" Gabriel asked in a hushed tone as John walked over and sat down on the opposite side of Gabriel's desk.

" There is no news of anything." He whispered shaking his head. They sighed and sat in silence for a few moments.

" I spoke with my father. They are in Egypt visiting some friends. I told them to stay there for a while longer because of what is happening." Gabriel spoke as his eyes moved to a sleeping Sam. A small smile curved the edges of her mouth with a gentle look over her angelic features.

" She is getting weaker by the day, she barely eats and sleeps most of the time." Gabriel whispered with a pained voice to John.

" There is nothing we can do, but be by her side as much as we can." John whispered as Gabriel stood up and walked around his desk and over to Sam. He crouched down to her height and lifted his hand to brush away a small bunch of her brown hair, which had fallen over her face as she lay on her side.

" I wish I could take it back. I want to give her everything and anything." He whispered as he leaned forward and placed a soft kiss on her forehead. Just then the door burst open as a frantic looking pack warrior huffed and puffed with sweat coating his panic stricken face.

" Tom? What is it?" John asked as he jumped up from his chair. Sam had jolted up from the sudden, loud noise and looked at Gabriel.

" T-they, are..." He puffed still trying hard to catch his breath. "They crossed the borders. They are here." He spoke finally.

" John, get the warriors. Tom send all the woman and children to the safe room." Gabriel ordered the two men quickly, they nodded and rushed off to complete his orders.

" Sam." Gabriel turned around to see her sitting up, she was now just slightly taller than he was. Gabriel reached up and took her face into his hands.

" This office is as safe as the safe room. If not safer. I want you to stay here, understand. Do not open the door unless to me or John and do not leave." Gabriel asked with a pleading look written all over his face.

" Fine." Sam spoke through a clenched jaw. "But you must promise me something."

" Anything." Gabriel spoke quickly. Sam reached her right hand up and pulled his head to met with her forehead.

" Stay alive." She whispered as they dared not move. They wanted this moment to last for as long as possible.

" Now go. The pack needs you." Sam whispered kissing his forehead and pushing him to the door. Gabriel chuckled as he opened the door and took one last look at her before walking out and closing it. Sam sighed as she stood up from her seat and walked over to one of the large windows. She fixed her blood red shirt and made sure it was tucked into her black, high waist jeans. She tapped the toe of her right combat boot on the ground as she clicked her teeth. Pulled her hair back, she used a hair tie and put her long hair into a pony tail.

" Sorry Gab, but you should know better than to trust me." Sam spoke as she turned around and walked to the door. She opened it and looked along both sides of the corridor. Seeing no sign of anyone lurking in them she trim and rushed down towards that stairs. Keeping quiet and to the shadows as she went until she reached the garage. She picked up her keys from the hooks and opened the door quietly and closed it behind her. Sam rushed over to her bike and placed a hand onto the seat.

" Luna?" A small child's voice spoke with fear in it. Sam stiffened before turning to face who it was. A young girl, no older than five years old stood clutching her teddy bear with fear evident in her eye and they way her small frame was shaking like a leaf in heavy wind.

" Are you going to leave us?" She asked with tears falling from her eyes as Sam walked over to her and knelt down. Sam placed a gently hand onto her shoulder then her cheek to wipe away some tear.

" There is no way I would abandon you guys when this is all my doing." She whispered with a soft smile to the child

" What are you going to do?" She asked.

" I'm going to stop this all, once and for all." Sam whispered as she kissed the young girls forehead.

" Now I want you the go back to mummy. Stay away from anyone you do not recognise." She whispered smoothly as the girl nodded and ran off. Sam the bike and opened the storage area. With a smirk, she pulled out several throwing knifes and tied some to either of her forearms. She reached down and picked up too small sized daggers and stuffed them into her boots. She reached in and pulled out her belt which carry twin pistols in holster along with extra magazines strapped here and there. Once she buckled then to her waist, she closed the storage space and placed the keys onto the seat with a small smile.

" Time to finish this." She muttered as she turned around and walked to the garage door and quickly opened it. She walked out into the pack garden, not bothering to close the door as she made her way towards the forest lining. Soon figures began to appear before her with glowing red eyes.

" Vamps. Good warm up." Sam smirked as she pulled out both her pistols and cocked them.

" Let's 'ave it then!"She hissed as the vampire speed towards her hissing. Sam quickly aimed and pulled the trigger; fire and hitting several vampire before they could get near her. She saw one sneak up from her right so she turn her right pistol and shot it dead. The vampires were too close to her now to use the pistol effectively, so she holstered them and dipped down to grabbed out two daggers from her boots. She held one in each hand and began to duck and dodge attacks and dealt her fair share do slices as well. She would grunt when the occasional attack scrapped her. But she managed to kill most of them before a voice called out heavily through the metallic rasing air.

" Well well well. Sam, how nice it is too see you again." A deep voice drifted to her ears as she huffed for air. She was weak and was growing tired quickly as the vampire responsible walked out.

" Nicolas." Sam hissed to him.