Chapter 20: Leeches

19 days left.

" Good morning, Princess. I brought you breakfast." Gabriel smiled as he walked in with a large tray in one hand. Sam smiled weakly as she pushed herself up, putting her back against the headboard of the bed. Gabriel walked over and sat on the edge of his bed, placing the tray onto Sam's lap gently.

" How are you feeling?" He asked softly as Sam looked down at the tray. Gabriel had brought her scrambled eggs and bacon along with a glass of water. A small vase on the top right hand side of the tray held a white rose.

" Better." She whispered as she picked up the fork and knife and started to pick away slowly at the food.

" Well your appetite seems to be coming back." Gabriel chuckled as he kissed the side of her head. Sam smiled gently while chewing away at a piece of bacon.

" Do you want to go out today? We could go to the cinema and watch a movie?" Gabriel suggested with a soft smile as Sam's eyes snapped to him with a large smile on her lips and excitement sparkling in her big brown eyes.

" Really? Can we go and see Magic Mike?" Sam asked as Gabriel let out a low growl and a protective look flashed in his eyes.

" No way. I am not letting you see basically naked men!" Gabriel growled to her as Sam fused her eyebrows and sent his glare straight back to him.

" Why the fuck not?" She yelled back no longer feeling the need to eat the food in front of her.

" Because you are mine and you should not want to see such things!" Gabriel yelled as he stood up paced the room, running a hand through his hair and scratching the back of his head.

" I belong to no one." Sam yelled to Gabriel as she put the tray aside and stood up from her bed, she wobbled a bit from lack of strength before walking over and grabbing her normal clothes which had been washed and now smell of strawberries and lilies; such a sweet smelling scent.

" Where are you going?" Gabriel asked as she passed by him and headed towards the door.

" To entertain myself. Thank you for the food." She muttered before walking out the room and closing the door behind her. Sam walked a few stepped before walking into the bathroom and locking both the hall door and the bedroom door. She quickly took a shower, washing her hair and body before jumping out and drying off her skin. Sam left her hair towel dried and up in a high bun so the water would not drop on her clothes. She pulled on her white shirt and black skinny jeans, tucking her short sleeved t-shirt into the high waist. Se slipped on a pair of black boot socks and looking at the steamy mirror. Using Gabriel's tooth brush -because he has yet to buy her one- to brush her teeth, she finished and left the bathroom and out into the middle area. John was sitting on the sofa with his arms over the back of the seat and his right leg crossed over his left leg taking up a lot of space.

" Hey, what you watching?" Sam asked walking over and taking a seat next to John who looked to her. He took his arm away from behind her where her head was now and Sam rolled her eyes. She knew he did this so that Gabriel would not walk through and get the wrong idea.

" Hey, just the news. I like to keep up with the humans." He chuckled as Sam nodded just as the headlines were being read again.

" In the headline today, the number of disappearance has increased leaving the total number now at eleven. The police do not have any leads and are asking people to stay out of the streets after dark." The news reporter spoke in an informative voice.

" You've been keeping track of these disappearances?" Sam asked him and he nodded not saying a word. "Do you know who is responsible?" She continued as he sighed and muted the tv.

" Yes, we do." He spoke before leaning forward and resting his elbows on his knees and rubbing his face with his hands.

" Well, who is it?" Sam asked with a curious expression. John sighed heavily, thinking on if he should tell her or not.

" Vampires." He muttered as Sam stiffened and her jaw clenched. John sensed her disposition and looked to her with worry. Her eyes had glazed over and looked spaced out as she delved into her memories. Her expression was as hard as a stone cliff and her intakes of air were hard.

" I think I know what leech it is." Sam spat with venom and stood too her feet as Gabriel walked in and glared a John, showing that he had listened to their little 'talk.'

" Sam, what do you mean you know what leech it is?" Gabriel asked as Sam stood looking out one of the large windows with her arms crossed and her hips cocked to her right. She took in a breath as her chin lifted up softly.

" It was seven months ago, I was somewhere on the north east coastline. I was riding along the road on my bike when I pulled into a small cafe to get a coffee. As I drank my drink three ticks walked into the cafe and looked around the place. Each soon set their eyes on a human somewhere and walked over to them. I watched as the compelled the humans to let me feed. " Sam began as she continued to look out over the forest. It was still only morning so the sun was only just in the sky.

" I was not about to watch three parasites feasting so I stood up with emphasis. My chair scrapped over the ground and the cafe fell silent as I put my hand into my pocket. I could see the leeches tense as I pull out some money for the coffee and placed it on the table. I turned to leave the cafe and was ready to just walk away from the scene." Sam said and paused.

" What happened?" Gabriel asked completely intrigued by her story.

" Just as I opened the door, a vampire chuckled loudly before say 'That's right! You leave now, tainted mutt!' And from that I stopped and let the door close in front of me while keeping my back to the leeches." Sam spoke as she turned around to face the two men who where now sitting on the sofas.

" They stood up, leaving the humans and walked over to me as I stood still. One -who I am guessing was higher ranking then the other two- walked right up behind me and leaned close to my ear whispering 'I think you should leave, pup.' And that is all it took to tick me off." Sam said with a sigh as she sat down in the single seat looking to the men.

" I pulled out my knife and drove it into his stomach. The other two vamps launched into the fight. I somehow managed to break to legs off of a table and drove one through the two vampire's hearts. I looked at their leader as the two I stab turned grey before dissolving into nothing. 'You... Y-you filthy mongrel!' The leader yelled at me as I just smile. I never said a word as I walked out of the cafe and his last words to me before I left where these exactly." Sam said as she leaned forward and looked directly at Gabriel with sorrow in her eyes.

" He spoke, 'I will hunt you down. And I will personally rip your beating heart from your chest. But not before killing your mate in front of you. Only then will I rip you apart.' and with that I left, thinking nothing of it." Sam sighed dropping her gaze to the ground. "And now, that tick is back. I am sorry." She whispered as silence fell over them.

" Sam, look at me." Gabriel told her as her eyes lifted to see him kneeling in front of her now. "Whatever is coming, we will fight this and we will win."