Prologue

Prologue

I've searched for him everywhere. Literally everywhere. In the halls, in the empty class rooms, the cafeteria, outside on the fields, even in the boys bathroom. I’m not a stalker. I’m just a little “pathetic”; those are the words of my bestfriend Katy. She worries that my puppy love crush will become something more. As if. Though I really wish it could.

“C’mon Anna, just give it up, we've searched everywhere. Let’s go join the rest.”

I didn’t want to give up. I have to see him.

“Are you even listening to me? Hello? Earth to Anna!”

“Huh?” I said.

Now she was clearly frustrated. She continued her random rambling but I was no longer listening to her. Because in that moment I finally found him. And my mind couldn’t focus on anything else.

There he is. Standing down the hall, surrounded by a big crowd. His lips are tugged up into a huge grin. God, I missed his smile so much.

He switches around to greet more friends and I can’t help but stare at his back. It’s frankly impossible how hot he looks, no matter which angle I look at him. I love it when he wears his baggy grey joggings. It’s just yummy the way they hang perfectly from his hips, and they make his ass look fabulous. It’s just too much for me to handle. Let’s not forget how his toned chest fists amazingly in his white polo t-shirt. I sound like a pervert but I mean every girl does when it comes to him. Everyone lusts over him, teachers and guys included. Plus he’s so smart, not like the other guys. How can he be so flawless? If it was illegal to be this perfect, he would definitely spend a whole lifetime in jail.

He turns around and catches me starring.

Ohmygod.  

Fuck.

I look down at my feet, embarrassed. I’m such a freak. What do I do? What do I do? Katy pokes me in the ribs, I yelp and look up. That’s when my eyes lock with his big brown eyes. I couldn’t look away. I’m trapped in his gaze. He smiles at me. My whole world stops. I’m not even joking. I don’t hear or see anyone else, it's just him. I can’t even move an inch of my body. Completely paralysed.

He cocks his head sideways like if he’s trying to figure out a math equation. “Oh honey I’m so much more complicated than that”, says the little voice in my head. I slap myself on the forehead for thinking that.

I must look so stupid right now.

With an indecisive step he walks towards me. What the hell? My heart is going on an overdrive.

He’s now in front of me.

How did he get here so fast?

He passes his hand through his messy black hair, and whispers to me, “Hey Anna, I really missed you…” There’s a brief pause before he adds, “I’ve waited all summer to do this. But I can’t wait any longer so here it goes...”

He pushes a loose strand of hair behind my ear. Before I can even move or process anything he just said, his lips are on mine. His lips taste like spearmint gum, my favorite. Butterflies start to form in my stomach.

It took me a while before responding to the kiss. As I did, his hands cupped my cheeks and we were kissing. Wait I’m kissing him? Actually no wait what, he’s kissing me? What the actual fuck?! My knees start to weaken; I have to hold on to him before I fall. I wrap my arms around his neck and he deepens the kiss. Whoa, where did all of my sudden courage come from? Wow this is the best thing that’s ever happening to me. I’ve reached cloud nine. No doubt. Maybe I'm in heaven? I wish this moment could last forever.

That’s when my alarm wakes me up.

Beep. Beep. Beep.