Chapter Forty-Nine

Chapter Forty-Nine

When we came back out of the bathroom, I was sure everything was plastered right on my face. My grin was wider than Kent's. I couldn't stop grinning. That was a veritable 7 minutes to heaven. I was holding to his arm as we walked back, not trusting myself to stumble on my feet for real real this time.

In our absence, I had forgotten almost everything that had happened beforehand. It was not until we got back that it slowly came back as my high washed off.

Where was the god damn champagne when you needed it?

"Now that's the right way to start the new year," Kent had said once we left the bathroom.

Although I was worried about the others, Katy and Cook, I was still giddy thinking about what Kent said and had done.

When we joined the others, Kent seemed more on edge again. He was going to head off to Cook or the bar or both I couldn't tell.

"Can we go for Round 2?" I asked him, which instantly eased him up again.

He slunk back. He was smirking but this time it wasn't a joke but he thought it was.

"Wouldn't you like that?" he growled.

I nodded.

How many girls has he been with? It was a passing thought. I didn't care much. Curiosity, though, as everyone knew, was my strong suit.

"We should get out of here. I can't stand seeing them. They're both so fucking smug," Kent said.

You'd think we would be the one being smug after what we done. I actually think we were.

I didn't want to leave. What if we missed something? Like a toast or something. "Yeah sure," I said.

On second thought, it was better that way for Kent.

We made our rounds of saying bye to everyone. I hugged everyone. I never was a big big hugger tonight; I blamed Kent for turning me into mush.

It was awkward having to avoid them. Once again it didn't go unnoticed but no one pointed it out, too polite to say anything in front of us, behind our backs was whole different story.

When I got to Mark, he kept me for a bit longer. "Girl what the fuck were you guys doing for long."

"We-"

"Forget it. I can smell it all over you. Sex is in the air," he sang his rendition of "Love is in the Air."

I squatted him. I was laughing though. There's no hiding any hint of romance with Mark that's for sure even if I didn't lose my virginity.