Chapter Sixty-Three

Chapter Sixty-Three

Exams were finally over. High school might be done but will always be remembered. Teachers never talk about how much our high school experience shapes us as a person. How we find our true identities in that time, go through dozen of friends before finding our people, and how are characters are morphed into a greater version of ourselves.

We all sat in alphabetical order as our parents sat behind us. We were called one by one to the stage after Jane's valedictorian speech, which was phenomenal. If I do say so myself.

There was only one person missing. When Mark Karalis name sounded; there was the greatest silence. No cheer. But then they posted pictures of him on the screen. The last picture was the one where he held the pumpkin trophy as an Oscar - my all time favorite. We all clapped and some of us had tears in our eyes. I turned around to look at Katy, she smiled at me knowingly. We both had big fat tears in our eyes.

Our parents took pictures of us in our gowns. We wouldn't be all together like this for a while. Most of us were moving away and going to colleges and universities out of town.

Mom and Jeffrey were here, misty eyed and proud of Cook and I. The most surprising was that Cook's father appeared suddenly after the ceremony.

"I'm sorry Cook," he said patting his son's shoulder. "I couldn't make it out of my meeting in time."

Cook's eyes were wide. I knew he was happy but mostly astonished. "It's okay dad. Thanks for coming."

His dad was even smiling as Cook formerly presented me to him.

He shook my hand, not even business man like. "I'm pleased to meet you. You've been a great influence on my son."

Then Jeffrey and mom joined us. He shook both of their hands. There was little to no animosity and we were relieved to leave them three together.

Our group of friends reunited at the middle of the room.

"Pizza?" Ashton asked and we all agreed.

That's how ten high school graduates turned up in their gowns to the nearest parlor. Taking up 3 tables and 3 even larger pizzas.

There was Amanda with her quirky facts that would go to South Carolina to pursue archeology and discover her own wonders.

There was Penelope who would follow college classes somewhere close to home in order to build her own business from the ground up and become a tattoo artist.

There was Jane, valedictorian, who fancied going into event planning with a liking towards weddings.

There was Viana, who got into Columbia University in New York City.

There was Wesley, who is coming to term with his sexuality. He's going into government services, in defense to fight for rights for immigrants and LGBTQ+ groups.

There was Ashton, who wanted to become an astronaut or was it something else that wasn't as science based? Who knows?

There was Kent, who took my advice for becoming a trainer all while training to become a professional athlete. If one didn't work, he had the other.

There was Katy, who was going into fashion design and on the side she aspired to build her own fundraiser for awareness and help conquering eating disorders as she was.

And then there was Cook, off to one of New York's top culinary school.

And as for me, I would join him, living on a campus nearby fulfilling my scriptwriting dreams. I would make my father and Mark proud. Every script I'll write and produce will be for them. They'd stay entertained wherever their spirit were resting.

Cook turned to me. "What are you thinking about?"

I winked at him. "I was thinking about hot babes."

-------------------

Hey guys! This is it. This is the end.... or is it? Half way through writing this story I realized that the story should have been written through everyone else's eyes so that's what I will be doing. I'm writing a book that will have everyone else's, but Savannah's, point of view. Katy, Kent, Cook, Mark, Ashton, and others will have their chance to present their stories and live in the spotlight and well, as we all know, they all know and interact with Savannah but she's not the main focus in their life since they're all dealing with their own problems already. So, I hope you've enjoyed 'Love Triangle' but I mainly hope you'll be patient and enjoy the retold version of it as well; once again, it has never before scenes, events, and problems. 

Thank you all. I love you all for your support and for reading my story.