Chapter Four

Chapter Four

The rest of the night was pretty awkward for me. Don't get me wrong, I was surrounded by a crowd of horny teenagers that I've known well for a few years now. But that's the thing, I know them, most of them don't know me or simply ignore me because I'm kind of a social outcast. I tend to keep to myself. Katy is trying to get me to loosen up this year. Break me out of my shell. So far it's not working.

I don't mind, I'm too busy obsessing about what Kent said about me falling for a guy. I hope he doesn't suspect that it's him. I'm praying. Or else, it would ruin me. He won't even talk to me as friends anymore.

I missed the old times when I used to be one of his only friends. Things changed once he became captain of the soccer team last year. It's when I started to miss him, I realized how much I loved him.

I starred at him as he kept on chugging beers. When I thought he was done, he took some tequila shots. My eyes widen at the amount of alcohol he could intake. He's going to make himself sick.

He catches my horror stricken face and whispers loud enough for me to hear "Don't worry too much about me, that's half as much as I usually take. I can handle it."

I shook my head slightly. A year ago, he used to become drunk after two beers. I guess time has really did change.

"You'll make yourself sick," I whisper back to him.

He grabbed two red cups and handed me one.

He knows that I don't drink. I gave him a questioning look. He approaches my ear once more and says, "Its Pepsi."

I take it from his hands, trusting him, as I smile greatfully. He beams at me, my heart melts.

Two girls lie down on the counter. I think they're about to do body shots. Everyone is cheering them as I flinch. As I was about to give Kent a pleading look, he takes my arm and steers me away from the crowd.

He leads me to the dance floor and brings my body to his. He wants me to dance with him. I flush and I start to panic; how's this happening? He notices and mouths, "Relax." And I do.

I'm not a bad dancer, quite the opposite. I simply don't like others watching me dance. It makes me feel uncomfortable. He guides me and our bodies start to collide. He roams his hands around my waist as he pulls me closer to him. My skin prickles at his touch, despite the fact that the fabric of my dress is in the way. He rests his forehead against mine. He inches his mouth closer to mine. He are so near that I can smell the alcohol on his breathe and the faint smell of his peppermint gum. I close my eyes as he touches my mouth with his lips, but at the last second he pulls himself away. He immediately takes a step back. My heart shatters into a million of pieces. He raised my hopes up and then he crashed them all back down. He steps forward and instead of kissing me, he hugs me tight. He fucking hugs me. I shut my eyes and hold back the tears. I've never felt the need to cry this much since my dad died. This is worst than when I learned that Kent had sex with a stupid slut.

Now I know that he wouldn't kiss me even when's he's drunk...