Chapter Twelve

Chapter Twelve

“Let go of me, you – you monster,” I yell at Cook as I try to tug my hand out of his.

The night air was pretty frisky but at least it was fresh and there wasn’t anyone out here in the back. The change of environment took a toll on me quite instantly.

The bastard smirks, “You have such a lovely vocabulary when you’re drunk, princess.” His grip loosens but I’m still trapped in his big bear clutch.

“Stop that,” I snap at him.

“Stop what princess?” he asks rather innocently.

That. The name calling.” I point out, frustrated. I glance at his man hand engulfing mine. His knuckles were bruised and red but for some reason that didn’t make me scared – simply annoyed.

“You don’t like it?” he questions as he pulls me a little closer to him and I have to catch my breath.

I glance up at him; his eyebrow was tugged up menacingly.

I had this sudden urge to scan every inch of his face. I shouldn’t permit myself to do so but I couldn’t help it. I start to admire his strong square jaw for a moment before glancing a quick second at his swollen lips. My gaze adverts directly to his eyes and it hit me that I’ve never noticed that they were a dark shade of blue. The moonlight made them shine and they resemble grandly to the cool sea. His eyes were a portal to a dark unknown and staring into them felt like stepping onto forbidden territory.

He clears his throat but doesn’t look away from our locked gaze.

I look away, ashamed that I gave him the slightest satisfaction by letting my curiosity get the very best of me.

“No…” I finally breathe out, answering his previous question.

“Are you sure princess?” He demands as he leads us towards the patios’ bench.

“I hate it,” I say bluntly, unable to hold my tongue.

“Good,” he says as we sit down, the corner of his mouth tugging up in that famous idiotic smirk of his. He’s infuriating. He finally drops my hand.

 “Why did you hold me back?” I interrogate.

“Because you were going to make a fool of yourself and make things harder for Kent,” Cook says as he brings out a cigarette and lights it.

I cough lightly to annoy him and he rolls his eyes as he lays further back on the pillowed bench taking a long drag for emphasize on how much of an ass he is.

“What’s that supposed to mean? And why do you care if I embarrass myself? Besides you’re the one who keeps on putting me in embarrassing situations.”

“Hmm. Drunken you talks more than sober, shy Savannah.”

“I’m not shy,” I lie unconvincingly.

“Yeah you are,” he argues.

“Well sorry not everyone has a huge ego like yours to rub up everyone’s face.”

“You know what they say huge ego, huge d-”

“Shut up.” I hiss as I slap my hand to his mouth not wanting any details about his sexuality. He licks my hand and I pull away.

“Ew, gross,” I rub my hand clean on his black t-shirt.

He laughs heartedly and I try not to smile at how childish we’re acting.