Chapter 28: Cared For

For the past week, Sedrick had been looking after me without exception, he let me stay in a house that he borrowed from a friend so that I wouldn't have to see Malik.

I admired the way that Sedrick was caring for me, he feeds me blood to heal my physical wounds and listens to me when I want to heal my emotional wounds. He gets me everything I need, makes sure that I don't have to go out so that there's no chance that I will run into Malik.

He makes me laugh when he can see that I'm about to cry and he listens to everything that I have to say without exception even if I repeat myself so many times.

He let go of me enough to look into my eyes and brushed my hair from my face. 

I avoided his stare, it made me feel self consious  the way he was staring at me with so much care on his face. It was hard resisting the urge smile, he made me feel all nervous and anxious inside.

He let out a nervous laugh, I could tell that this was making him feel the same way.

I looked down at the ground and took a step backwards, trying to stop the awkwardness.

But it didn't work.

I found myself taking the step forward and kissing him for the first time.

I blushed, remembering the dream that I had had when I fell asleep during the day; hormones right? That's what they say right?

I looked down at myelf, ashamed of the person that I had become.

I had been such a mess before Sedrick took me here, I'd fallen over so many times in the forest that the mud was covering most of my skin making all of the scars that I so desperately wanted to hide from Malik were all covered up. I was an emotional mess, there would have been now way that I would have lived if Malik hadn't just let me go. Sedrick was helping me get through this by just not forcing me to deal with everything right now. He was helping me focus on what I needed in life and I was sure that this was not one of this things.

I couldn't admit to mysef what was going on, it was impossible for me to talk about it and go through this without breaking down. 

I liked to feel the numbness because it didn't accuse me of selling myself out for my own wants. Now a demon spawn is going to be born to a mother that doesn't want it and is going to leave after its born and a father whos much much worse and that's pretty hard to beat if the mother is leaving for its own selfish wants.

Sedrick understood me, he knew that the worst thing anybody could do would be force me to say something about this when I'm barely in the right mind to think about what is going on all around me at this moment in time.

I felt a wave of nausea and ran into the bathroom to throw up but luckily it was just a false alarm, I'd been getting sick constantly for the past week and it left me feeling tired and drained.

Looking in the mirror, I realised that I did look the way I felt; there were bags under my eyes, my skin was pale, my hair was a mess and my eyes were all bloodshot from tiredness.

But I couldn't sleep.

My mind was racing all the time and just wouldn't let me shut off. It's not even as if I'd been sleeping for that long today, I'd fallen asleep whilst Sedrick made me some toast and I woke up as soon as it pinged out of the toaster.

I was scared as well, the last time I had thought that I was safe was in the woods with Sedrick and yet Malik some how found a way to come and tear that small amount of hope inside of me away.

I didn't just have to be scared of Malik now, I had to be scared of anybody else that finds out about this thing. Richard the slayer would kill me even more painfully than he had planned last time for creating the abomination and I don't think that anybody would be able to save me this time. I'm not sure if I wanted to be saved.