Chapter 68

**Scarlett’s POV**

“How can you even be thinking of Quidditch at a time like this?!”

“How can you not?”

“We have our NEWTs coming up!”

“We have a four week break before them!”

“Which we need to study!”

“Alex, we have to practice!”

Alex groans and flops down into an arm chair.

“I’m swamped,” she says.

“You have four weeks to revise,” Angelina says, “please, this means a lot to me.”

“Fine,” Alex mumbles.

I watch them walk out of the common room and go back to my book. It’s been just over a week since Fred and George left and I miss them like crazy. Everyone is panicking about exams in a month and even though classes have ended we’re studying more than ever. I wish the boys were here to mess around with and take the edge off. I envy Alicia, Ange and Alex for having Quidditch. I have no excuse to take a few hours off. I don’t really need an excuse, but I feel like I should have one. I just don’t get the whole study thing. Everyone is pouring over textbooks and notes, quizzing each other. All I want to do is practice casting the spells. I wish we still had the DA.

Lauretta comes and sits opposite me.

“Hey,” she says.

“Hi,” I reply, looking at her curiously. She rarely approaches people for a conversation.

“Tobius asked me out,” she says. My eyebrows shoot up as I realise Lauretta is blushing and smiling.

“You- You’re dating Tobius?” I gasp. She nods, fiddling with the bottom of her skirt.

“But he’s a sleeze,” I burst out without thinking. Lauretta nods.

“But he knows I won’t take his crap,” she says, “I’m probably the only one who could control him.”

I laugh and nod.

“That you are,” I agree, “well, congratulations.”

“Thanks,” she smiles, “nearly everyone is pairing up in the group now. I guess the end of school is giving everyone the courage to ask people out.”

“Oh, really?” I ask, surprised by this. I’ve been a bit out of the loop recently.

“Yeah,” Lauretta nods, “I mean, you’d know that Carma and Adam are together.”

I nod, of course I knew that. It weirds me out, but hey, they’re happy.

“Well, Angelina and Jace look like they’re going to make a thing of it,” Lauretta says, “and Henry asked Alicia out just after Lee asked Sophina.”

“Whoa,” I say, shocked, “so, everyone is paired up?”

“No, Felicity is dating a guy in Ravenclaw, Lincoln I think,” Lauretta says, “and Tommy is single as far as I know.”

I let out a low whistle.

“You and Tobius, Ange and Jace, Alicia and Henry, Sophina and Lee, Carma and Adam, Fred and Alex and George and I,” I say, “not bad.”

“Yeah, it all worked out rather well,” she agrees, playing with her hair, “how’s the study going?”

“Badly.”