Chapter 30

At about seven-thirty we head down to the common room to meet with the boys. No one is talking much. When we reach the common room it’s packed.

“What’s happening?” I ask a prefect. He grins at me.

“They caught the person who was attacking people!” he tells me, “Hogwarts isn’t closing!”

“You’re kidding!” Scarlett exclaims, “who was it?”

“You-Know-Who,” the boy replies, “he was possessing someone. I don’t know the full story yet. You’d better get your stuff back upstairs, you’re congesting the stairwell.

“Come on!” Scarlett cheers, dragging her trunk up. When we reach the dormitory we all squeal.

“We’re staying! We’re staying!” Felicity cries, jumping up and down.

“Let’s go have breakfast!” I say, suddenly hungry, “come on, Scar- Scarlett?”

“She went to find Fred and George,” Carma says quietly, “let’s go. She’ll catch up.”

“Exams cancelled,” I sigh, reclining in the sun, “I could get used to this.”
“Mmm, hmm,” Scarlett agrees from where she’s lying with her head in George’s lap. I smile at them. They’ve been getting along a lot better lately. No fights, no dramas. Just peaceful sunbathing.

“Did you know Henry is going to ask Carma out?” Fred asks, lying down and putting his head in my lap.

“No, really?” I ask, rubbing my fingers over his forehead. He nods.

“He’d better get a move on or she’ll ask him,” Scarlett murmurs, “oh my gosh, George, you’re amazing.”

“I’m not just good at head rubs,” he says suggestively. Scarlett slaps him softly on the cheek.

“Stop flirting, you two,” Fred says.

“We are not flirting,” Scarlett says, rolling her eyes.

“Whatever,” Fred shrugs, “as long as Alexandra doesn’t stop rubbing my head, we’re all good.”

“What if I do?”

“I’ll kill you.”

I laugh and ruffle his hair.

“Very funny,” I tell him. He looks at me seriously.

“No, really,” he says, “I’ll kill you.”

“What if I run away?” I ask, flirting a bit. He thinks for a second.

“I guess I’d kill you anyway,” he says. I smirk and shove him off, leaping to my feet and sprinting away.