Chapter 16

Kissing George is nothing like kissing Tobias, or even Tommy for that matter. With Tobias it always sort of hurt and there was lots of saliva and with Tommy it was safe and secure. With George it’s warm and filled with fire. It’s exciting somehow.

I feel his hand on my back, pulling me closer and I put my arms around his neck. This would’ve been the most amazing, romantic moment of my life if we hadn’t fallen off the log.

“Ouch,” I groan, rubbing my head. George helps me to my feet and dusts off my back.

“Nothing broken?” he asks. I shake my head.

“You?”

“Nope, all good,” he grins. There’s a long awkward pause where we both sort of look at each other nervously.

“Sooooo, that was… Kinda cool,” he says eventually.

“Yeah, it was,” I agree. He grins at me and gives a half shrug. I shrug back. He laughs and leans over to hug me.

“This is so awkward,” I giggle into his shoulder.

“Yeah, it is,” he agrees, “let’s head back to the castle.”

We walk in silence, but it’s not as awkward as before. I can’t help looking at George’s hands and wondering what it would be like to hold them. I want to make a move, but I’m too scared in case he pulls away. All the way to the common room we shoot each other smiles. When we walk in, Felicity, Fred, Tommy, Carma, Scarlett and Jeremy look up. Scarlett’s eyebrows disappear into her hair. We sit down a careful distance away from each other and I hold my breath, trying not to squeal in excitement.

“What happened with you two?” Scarlett asks. I glance at George and shrug.

“We just had dinner,” I reply honestly. George shoots me a smile and Fred’s eyebrows also disappear into his hair.

“Oh, really?” he asks, “was there any face eating?”

I cover my mouth to stop the giggles bursting out. George laughs openly at his brother.

“There so was,” Carma smirks.

“Fred, do you think I should get my hair cut?” Felicity asks. Fred ignores her.

“Spill,” he demands.

“Nothing… Really happened,” I shrug, “did it?”

“I don’t know,” George says, smiling, “was it something?”

“I don’t know… Do you want it to be?”

“If you want it to be.”

“They so hooked up,” Scarlett says, staring at us in interest, “wow, George. And here was I thinking you’d end up being a crazy cat man.”

“You know me, Scar, I’m a player,” George chuckles. Scarlett laughs.

“The truth at last,” she says, “well, Jeremy was just saying that there’s a game of Seventh Heaven tonight. You guys in?”

“They’ve already had their time in heaven,” Fred teases, “but hey, I’m in.”

“Fred!” Felicity protests, “you can’t!”

“Why not?” he asks.

“Because I don’t want you hooking up with other girls!”

“Who said anything about hooking up?” Fred asks, sounding shocked, “I’d only have a conversation on psychology with her.”