Chapter 94

**Fred's POV**

"She loves me not, she love me, she loves me not, she loves me, she loves me not. . ."

"You're such a girl," George says, taking the flower from me and throwing it into the bushes.

"Dammit, George, now I'll never know!" I yell, jokingly. George rolls his eyes.

"Well, I know," he says. Now it's my turn to roll my eyes.

"I don't care," I lie, "I'm just glad she's back safe and sound."

"Yeah, you're really fooling me with that. No, really."

"Shut up."

I stretch out on the grass and pick up another flower.

"I'm going insane being stuck here," I say, "I need to be out doing something, you know?"

"I know and if Aunt Muriel makes merub her feet one more time," George shudders.

"I had to brush her teeth yesterday," I say in a haunted tone, "I don't know if it was better or worse that they weren't in her mouth. . ."

"Have you had to sand the callouses?"

"Yep. File and paint the fingernails?"

"Rose red. I will never forget."

We laugh and then sigh.

"We need to get out," we say.

"Wow, resorting into twin mode," Scarlett sits down on George's lap, "desperate times."

"I am ready to go insane," I tell her, "there is nothing to do here!"

"I don't know about that," Scarlett says cheekily, nuzzling George's neck.

I throw the flower at her and get up.

"We need to do something," I say, "I'm going to get the others so we can plan."

***

"So, you think that we should sneak out and go an do. . . What exactly?" Alex asks.

"Anything," I throw my hands up, "there's nothing for us here."

"Nothing but safety and family," Alex says quietly. She's looking down at the grass. I gently tilt her chin up so she's looking at me.

"What are we going to do out there?" she asks, "what can we do to help the war? No one tells us anything, we have very little idea of what's going on."

"Maybe we don't have to do anything to do with the war," Scarlett suggests, "maybe we could go out and have fun. Go dancing or something."

Alex crosses her arms over her chest. She's done that whenever she feels uncomfortable since we got her back. I take one of her hands.

"I just have a bad feeling about it," she says, so only I can hear. I press her hand against my cheek. Sometimes I forget that she hasn't been stuck - safe, but stuck - inside for months.

"You don't have to come," I tell her softly. She shakes her head.

"How could I stay, not knowing if you're safe or not?" she says.

I'm conflicted. On one hand I want to get out. Desparately. On the other I don't want to be dragging her out if she's got a bad feeling. Especially since she's usually right when she has a bad feeling.

"Okay," I sigh, "I'll stay."

"Me too," Carma says, "I have some books to read."

I look at George and Scar. They confer for a moment.

"I guess we can find something to do around here," Scarlett says. Alex visably relaxes.

"So, what're we going to do?" she asks, leans against me. I lean my head against her soft hair.

"We could play hide and seek?" Carma suggests.

"You're kidding?"

"No, let's do it!" Alex says, sitting up, "there's plenty of places to hide in the garden or the house!"

I exchange a glance with George, who shrugs and covers his eyes.

"One. Two. Three-"

The girls immediately scatter, disappearing into the shrubs. I follow suit, burying myself into a pile of dry grass.

"READY OR NOT, HERE I COME!"

I feel a spike of excitement, like I felt as a kid. I try to hold still, but all of a sudden I feel like laughing. My heart is beating hard as I hear George moving bushes aside and looking under wheelbarrows.

"FOUND YOU!"

There's a sharp squeal of shock from Scarlett, then laughter as she join him in the hunt. My nose starts tickling.

Must not sneeze. I must not sneeze!

"AHHHHH- CHOOOOOOOO!!! OUCH!"

Scarlett jumps on me.

"Found ya, Freddie!"

"Can't. . . Breathe!"

She climbs off me and we go to find Alex and Carma.

"Damn, they're good," Scarlett says as we make our third round of the garden.

"We've looked every where," George says, scratching his head. We stop in front of the back door and discuss where we could look. Alex slips out of the door, looking sheepish.

"I had to pee," she blushes. Scarlett laughs.

"Well, we found you," she says, "let's find Carma."

An hour later there's still no sign of her. We sit down on the garden wall.

"Shall we give up?" Alex suggests.

"CARMA! WE GIVE UP!" Scarlett yells, "COME OUT!"

"GUYS!"

We all look around, hearing Carma's voice close by.

"CARMA?" Alex calls, "WHERE ARE YOU?"

"LOOK UP!"

We look straight up and see her waving from over 50ft above the ground in the very tip of a pine tree.

"Come on!" Scarlett groans, "of course she would go straight up a tree!"

"That's really high," Alex says, sounding worried.

"She'll be fine," Scarlett says, "she's climbed higher. . .  And fallen from higher. . ."

Carma climbs gracefully down the tree and lands in front of us.

"So, did I win?"
______________________________________________________________________________

This is just a filler chapter, sorry. . . Been busy today. Do any of you guys play League of Legends? If you do, you'll know how addictive it can be. I only started playing a little while ago with my brother and I've never done online gaming before, but yeah. . . Hooked :P Anyway, hope you liked the chapter, vote, comment, message and let me know what you think! ;)

Allllllllllllso, lots of people have been asking what's going to happen with Fred and his death and all. . . Well, you'll all just have to wait and see ;)