Chapter 91

**Alex's POV**

Bill seems to be on edge. Harry's planning something with Griphook and he won't tell any of us what's going on. Bill knows the nature of goblins and is worried about what Harry's getting himself, Ron and Hermione into.

"'E will be fine," Fleur tells Bill soothingly as we prepare lunch, "'e knows what 'e is doing."

Bill huffs, but drops it.

"I'll take you, Luna and Ollivander to Muriels tonight," he says to me. My heart lights up. I can see Fred again!

I fill a tray and take it out to the garden where Mr. Ollivander is sitting in an old, cane chair. He's been making a wand for Luna. I've wanted to ask him to make me one too, but he's so caught up in his work it takes all my effort to get him to eat. I like to sit beside him while he works and listen to his stories about wands. Especially when he tells me stories about getting unicorn hair.

"Here's your lunch," I say, placing it on his lap. He's polishing a brand new wand. It's long and sleek, made of dark wood from the forest.

"What do you think?" he asks, holding it out to me.

"It's beautiful," I tell him honestly. He's carved vines into it, growing from the handle up, scattered with flowers and tiny birds.

"Take it," he says. Hesitantly I pick up the beautiful handle. Warmth rushes through my finger tips and golden sparks fly from the end. Mr. Ollivander smiles.

"It recognises you," he says.

"Huh?" My mouth falls open. He chuckles and motions for me to sit down. I curl up in the sand as I have done for the past few days and look up at him.

"After I completed Luna's wand, William brought the broken pieces of your wand to me," he says, cutting up his lunch, "I knew that it would be irrepairable, but the core was undamaged."

"It's the same core?" I ask, looking down at the wand.

"It is. And it recognised you," he says, "I could feel it as you approached. It longed to be back with you. The new wood will take some adjusting to, however, this wand is delighted to be back with you."

"Thank you!" I cry, trhowing my arms around him, "oh, thank you! Thank you!"

He laughs, patting my back softly.

"My pleasure," he says, "it's the least I could do after you've been so attentive to us all."

I wipe my face, surprised to find tears there.

"Well, try it out," he encourages. I stand up, nerves tingling through my body. It feels like an age since I've used magic. I should probably start with something simple...

I disapparate to the other end of the garden then back again. I squeal with delight, jumping up and down. I feel complete again! Mr Ollivander is laughing, his eyes sparkling.

"Thank you so much," I tell him earnestly, "with all my heart, thank you!"

I glance at the house.

"I'd better go and help," I say, "I'll be out when you're done with lunch."

I disapparate back to the house. Fleur gives me an amused smile as I prance into the kitchen.

"Ze new wand eez working?" she asks. I nod, too excited to talk. She laughs and gives me a tight hug.

"I will miss you," she says. Bill walks into the room, looking irritated. He's probably just had another talk with Harry. I look behind him. The three of them have emerged from the goblin's room for lunch. None of them are very talkative. They haven't been the most pleasant people to be around. I know they're on a quest, but. . . Still.