Chapter 49

**Scarlett’s POV**

The day after the first task Alex gets released from hospital. I go up alone to ‘pick her up’. When I walk in she’s sitting on the bed looking thoughtful.

“I’ve been thinking about what you said,” she tells me, “and you’re right. I haven’t been eating properly and I want to change that.”

“That’s great,” I tell her earnestly, “what made you realise?”

“I grew up never worrying about what I ate and I was never fat,” she says, “and now it’s like food rules my life and that’s stupid.”

“I’m proud of you, Alex,” I say, giving her hand a squeeze. She smiles sadly.

“I missed the first task,” she sighs, walking out with me, “all because of food.”

“It’s a bit silly, huh?” I ask her gently. She nods.

“And, I know that you know I lied about how I got hurt,” she says, “but can we just tell people that’s what happened? I don’t want anyone to know.”

“Sure, but are you going to tell me?” I ask.

“I don’t think so,” she says, “I want to put this all behind me.”

“I’m glad to hear that,” I say, “come on, nobody’s up yet. We were up all night celebrating.”

We climb into the common room and find Fred and George there, still looking a bit tired, but awake. I smile at Fred as he walks forward to Alex.

“George,” I whisper, beckoning. He grabs my hand and we walk out. We walk upstairs to the Ancient Runes classroom. I sit up on one of the desks.

“I think she’s going to be okay,” I tell George.

“Good,” he says, putting his hands on my hips and kissing me on the neck, “you’ve been very distracted lately.”

“Oh, sorry,” I smirk, “that’s my bad.”

“It’s okay, I’m sure you can make it up to me,” he replies.

“Oh yeah? How?” I ask, wrapping my legs around his waist.

**Alex’s POV**

At lunch I sit with all my friends, feeling very self-conscious. Carma is tracing patters in her mashed potato and Fred is trying to build a tower of lima beans.

“Scarlett and George have been gone for ages,” I comment lightly. Carma and Fred exchange a glance.

“Yeah, that happens,” Fred says. I feel my cheeks flush.

“Ew, I’d forgotten,” I laugh, “that’s awkward.”

“Here they come,” Carma says, “try not to think about it. It makes it hard to look them in the eye.”

Scarlett sits down opposite me.

“I’m starving,” she says, “I feel like I’ve just run a marathon.”

I burst out laughing and even Fred and Carma laugh.

“What?” Scarlett asks, looking confused.

“Nothing,” I choke out, tears in my eyes. Scarlett shrugs and picks up some bread.

“You guys are weird,” she comments.

“You should have some bread too, George,” Fred comments, “carbs are good for long bouts of exercise.”

“Oh, ha, ha,” Scarlett says, rolling her eyes, “you mean for sexercise?”

Fred laughs loudly.

“Not as dumb as you look,” he says, flicking a lima bean at Scarlett.

“No need to flick my bean,” Scarlett smirks.

“Scarlett,” George says, his cheeks red.

“Sorry,” she grins, “let’s be civilised, shall we? Alex, have you eaten?”

I look up at her guiltily. She pushes a plate of mashed potato towards me.

__________________________________________________________________________

Okay, I know I'm a terrible person, I'm SO SO SO SORRY!! But I have an excuse!! So, I watched The Hunger Games for the first time about two weeks ago, and I'd never read the books or anything, but I fell so in love with it that I instantly went and read all the books twice over, so that's one of the reasons I haven't uploaded. The other ones pale to insignificance in comparison, but, good news! My school laptop is being unlocked which means I will be able to get on Wattpad at home now!! So more uploading! Provided it has internet, they're wiping it, so yeah... Anyway, hope you enjoyed the chapter!