Chapter 76

*Alex's POV*

I look at my reflection in the mirror. I'm wearing a long, pale green dress and I have my hair out, falling over my shoulders and down my back in waves. I think it looks childish.

William and Fleur's wedding is in two hours and I still don't know what to wear, other than not gold, which is fine, since I wasn't thinking of wearing gold anyway. All of the dresses I have go to my calves and have high necklines. I want a dress that makes me look grown up, rather than like a twelve year old. I tried to alter one magically, but ended up setting fire to it. I gave up after that.

I pick up the phone and dial Tiffany's number.

"Heeeeello?"

"Hey, Tiff, I need help."

"Talk to me."

"I need a dress to wear to a wedding, but everything I own makes me look like a pre-teen or an old woman."

"Colour?"

"Uh, green?"

"Hang on, let me take a look. . . I have a size twelve in a dark, sort of grassy green?"

"Twelve is too big."

"Oooookay, Miss Skinny-Binny, the only other one I have with green is white with a green ribbon, but it's size twelve too. What size are you?"

"Eight."

"God, eat a steak, Alex."

"Hey, I used to be a six, give me a break."

"Rightio, well, I have a couple of eights, I have a black one, a red one, five pink ones, a silver one and a purple one."

"Hmm, the silver and purple sound good."

"Okay, I'll bring them over, see you soon!"

I hang up and flop down on my bed. It's great having Tiffany as a friend. There's no delay in talking with her while an owl finds her and she has so many clothes that she never cares if I borrow them. Actually, sometimes I forget if I own something or if I got it from her.

About ten minutes later she knocks on the door and I let her in. She rushes down the hall to my room and drops a couple of bags on my bed.

"I brought some make up shoes, too," she says, "I think we're the same size, sorry, I've got to run, got an emergency dance rehersal today! Bye!"

She disappears and I open the bags the silver dress is make of rough material and when I put it on is a few inches above my knees. Way too short. I try on the purple dress which is soft and flowy and is just above my knees. I choose a pair of silver heels that are roughly the same colour as the dress and try them on. It doesn't look too bad. I change back into jeans and a shirt and jump on the computer, looking up some up-do tutorials. I fix my hair into a French twist and add a couple of white rose buds. I put on some makeup and check the time. I'd better go. I get into my dress and shoes, grab my bag and disapparate.

I appear on a hill, wobbling slightly on my heels. I've never apparated in heels before. There's a line of people heading down the hill. Judging by their clothes I assume they're heading to the wedding too. I follow a couple of girls with long, light hair that seems to be shimmering unnaturally, and soon enough I see a large Marquee. Fred, George and a boy with red hair who I assume is a cousin are ushering people to their seats. I immediately break out in a sweat, looking at all the Weasleys around. I have to meet all of Fred's family.

There are a lot of redheads.

I approach the marquee feeling nervous, but then I spot Scarlett and sigh with relief. She sees me and waves, walking towards me. She's in a light blue dress with her hair out.