Chapter 18

**Scarlett’s POV**

“What’s wrong with you?” I ask George, sitting down next to him at breakfast. Jeremy and Kayla are sitting at the Ravenclaw table making me what to try out an Unforgivable Curse on them.

“Nothing,” George mutters, poking at his porridge.

“Right, you’re usually in a foul mood,” I reply, rolling my eyes. He doesn’t respond.

“Right, I know what you need,” I say, punching him lightly on the arm, “on your feet! Let’s go!”

“Where?” he asks, trailing after me. I lead him outside into the cool grounds.

“We’re going to run,” I say, pulling off my cloak so I’m just in my pants and t-shirt, “we’re both going to run until we collapse. Then we’re going to yell and scream and cry and do whatever we need to do. And then we’re going to get up, walk back to breakfast and be happy.”

George tosses his cloak down next to mine and pulls off his sweater.

“Let’s go,” he says.

We run down to the lake, racing each other. We circle the lake, the run to Hagrid’s hut and up to the greenhouses. By the time we reach the Quidditch pitch we’re both gasping for breath. I stumble and fall over a rock and land hard on my elbows with an “Oof!”

“You… Oh… Kay?” George pants, flopping down beside me. I nod, struggling into a sitting position and clutching my sides.

“Can’t… Breathe,” I gasp, “so… tell me… What’s… wrong?”

“She… likes… Fred,” George pants, “Alex… likes… Fred…”

“Shit…”

“That… pretty much… Sums it… up…”

We both lie down and wait for our breathing to return to normal. Once mine has (which takes an embarrassingly long time) I roll onto my stomach and look down at George.

“We should be hook up buddies,” I tell him. He laughs and ruffles my hair.

“You’re kidding, right?” he asks.

“Duh,” I laugh, “although…”

We both chuckle and climb to our feet. We stagger back to the castle, collect our cloaks and stumble into the Great Hall.

“Feed me,” I say, sitting down next to Alex. She hands me a piece of toast and returns to her book. I take a bite of toast and decide I’m not hungry.

“I feel like throwing up,” I say. George pushes a goblet of pumpkin juice towards me and I gulp it down.

Bad move.

“Better?” Alex cringes as she holds my hair back.

“Better,” I nod, wiping my mouth on toilet paper, “I’m going to bed.”

“Good idea,” Alex says, “I’m going down to watch the Quidditch match.”

“Hmm…” I rush off before she can see my tears.

I watch the game from the Astronomy tower using the telescopes. It’s heart wrenching, not being out there. I sigh and slide down the wall. I’d give anything to be out there with George… And the rest of the team… I look up at the cloudless sky and a thought hits me. Maybe I don’t have to be playing to be part of the team!

“You want to do what?” McGonagall asks, raising her eyebrows.

“Start a cheer squad.”

__________________________________________________________________________

Sorry about the long wait, school has been crazy hectic lately :p Hang in there, next chapter will hopefully be done soon!