KATE

Kate's POV

I strut down the halls of my school giving out free fake smiles. A bunch of jocks greet me and I flirt with them. I mean, I was the prettiest girl in school right? With my luscious brown locks and my perfect tan. All of my flaws were covered by make up and my ugly brown eyes were hidden by my dark blue contacts.

There was still a few minutes before school started so everyone was just kind of hanging around. I hear a familiar voice so I turn to that direction. It was my younger brother Tanner. "Hey Annabeth!" he calls out to Annabeth Chase. The girl every single boy wants. Sure she was smarter than me, and taller, and better than me at sports. But other than that I was better than her at everything. Like she doesn't even try to be pretty, and her sense of style is horrid. Right now she's wearing some orange t-shirt with a flying horse at the front and it said Camp Half-Blood.

"Um, hi Tanner." she answers unsurely. My brother wags his eyebrows at her and winks.

"Me. You. Tonight. 7:00 pm at the movies." he says slyly. I smile at him. He's really sly with girls. I think. It's because he's related to me. I'm sure of it.

Annabeth grimaces. "Me? Go out with you? Ha, sorry kid, but I have boyfriend. Why don't you go cry to your five girlfriends?" she answers. My face was full of shock, that nerd did not just reject my baby brother. I walk up to her and raise my fist to punch her.

"Nobody talks to Tanner like that but me, so back off Anniebelle. Plus, everyone knows you're lying about your so-called boyfriend! You only said that so the boys would leave you alone!" I shrieked and swung my fist aiming for her oh, so beautiful face. Suddenly out of no where, she catches my fist and judo flips me. The crowd goes goes wild and starts cheering for Annabeth.

Once I get up, she grabs my shirt and pulls me close to her. "My boyfriend is 100% real. In fact, he'll be picking me up today if you really want to meet him." she smiles.

                - a f t e r  s c h o o l -

I got over my little incident in the morning with Ms. Chase and came to the conclusion that she's making up this boyfriend that she has. I mean, throughout the day I've been asking her a bunch of stuff and figured out that his eyes were "sea green", psh that isn't even a colour, his hair was untameable, he was a couple inches taller than her, he had a tan like hers, he was muscular and he was obsessed with everything water related. The way she described was so fake, I mean, no boy looks like that.

I hurry and run outside right when the bell rings only to find her standing alone in front of the school smiling to herself and shaking her head. I strut to her and laugh half-heartedly. "So," I say looking around. "Where is this boyfriend of yours Annie?" I ask.

"Oh Percy's always late," she smiles and looks off into the distance. I laugh and walk to my car parked in the back.

"Sure," I answer sarcastically. I could've sworn I saw her roll her eyes. I get to my run down Toyota and I was about to unlock it when an angel suddenly ascended from heaven. By that I mean pretty boy comes out of his Porche and walks up to me. What can I say, I'm irresistible.

I smile at him and start twirling my hair. He smiles back, it looked lopsided and mischievous. Ah, I think, a troublemaker. "And what can I do for you this fine day sir?" I ask him in the most seductive way possible. His smile suddenly vanishes and he scrunched his eyebrows. I couldn't see his eyes because of his Ray Bans covering them, but I think he looked confused.

"I'm picking someone up, she said to meet her at the front of the school. Mind telling me how to get there?" he asks in his deep voice once he was up to me. He completely towered over me but who cares.

"No, not at all! Just follow me!" I say excitedly. I start walking with him following close behind me.

I hear him groan and say "Sticks I'm late!" That's an odd replacement for a swear word. I decided to leave him be.

We got to the front and I decide to ask him out since I obviously am making him shy and nervous with my beauty. "Um, I didn't get your name?" he asks me.

"Oh I'm Kate," I answer.

"Kate? I'm Percy. Thanks again for the help," he says and walks away. I run over to him and stop him in his tracks.

"Wait, Percy! Would you umm, probably like to go to the movies sometime this week?" I ask batting my eyelashes.

"Kate, I'm sorry but-" he got interrupted by the one and only Annabeth Chase.

"He has a girlfriend," she answers. I glare at her but she only does it back. I look to Percy silently pleading that he doesn't have one but my heart shattered at what I saw. I mean, sure I've only known him for five minutes but he was my soulmate! And here Anniebelle gave him a kiss on the lips.

They pulled apart and looked into each other's eyes. "I missed you Wise Girl." he whispered.

"So did I Seaweed Brain," she answered.

"3 months is too much," Percy said and Chase agreed.

They finally noticed I was there with my mouth hanging open and Annabeth laughed. "Kate, meet my very real boyfriend, Percy Jackson," she introduced. "Perce, this is Kate Morrison," He whispered something in her ear and she just laughed.

"Come on Wise Girl, mom's waiting," he led her back to the parking lot. He turned back around to me and flashed me a smile. "Close your mouth honey, you'll catch flies," he said as he lifted his sunglasses to reveal his stunning sea green eyes and winked at me.

Ever since that day, I never messed with Percy and Annabeth again.

A/N
Word count: 1055
I have no idea how much I'll be updating this. Sorry if I don't update like for a whole week 😁. I'll try and write as much as I can though. No offence to any Kates out there, or Kate Morrison. I just came up with random names.

-Σηανε