EMILY

Emily's POV

I knock on my co-worker, Paul Blofis' door. He invited four teachers over to his home for dinner before the school year starts. "Hey Emily, come in. You're a bit early but that's no problem." Paul greeted when he open the door.

I went inside their house looking around. It was a pretty big for a family of four. I saw a pretty big picture of Paul and his wife, Sally, on their wedding day. I saw another picture with Paul in it, but this was a family picture. It had Sally, their son Percy, who I am not quite fond of, and their 2-year-old daughter, Lily. I've met Percy before, he's in my science class. He's always looking around and never seems to be able to focus on me but he's been able to keep maintaining a B throughout the school year last year, I don't get it. Lily, judging from the picture, was adorable. She had sandy blonde hair in pig tails and dark blue eyes. The next one was unexpected, it was Percy and a girl holding each other closely with their foreheads touching.

"Umm, Paul?" I asked.

"Yes?"

"Who's that girl with Percy?"

"Oh that's Percy's girlfriend. You'll like her." he answered very casually leaving me confused to his response. He went to answer the door and I sat down on the couch.

"Nat, Peter, Lois! Glad you can make it. Come on everyone, let's eat. Dinner's outside." he ushered us outside. (where are those names from?) There I saw a picnic table with a bunch of food. Along with that I saw a bunch of teens laughing.

"Hey Paul!" Percy called chasing a little girl with three other teens.

"Daddy!" cried Lily with delight running into her father's arms.

"Hey Lily! Percy, you three already ate right?" Paul asked and they nodded. "Where are my manners, everyone, this is my step-son, Percy. My daughter Lily, Annabeth, Percy's girlfriend and Thalia and Jason are Percy's cousins staying over for a while. Guys, these are my co-workers. Perce, you've already met Emily, Peter, Lois and Scarlett, or Mrs. Gordon, Mr. Hudson, Ms. Carter and Ms. Black." (I used different last names if you figured out the first names) he introduced.

"Yeah we have. You guys have fun, we'll take Lily to the park." Percy suggests and Lily nods. She squirms away from her father's grip and toddles to her brother who picks her up. The four of them walk away and I must say, I didn't expect Percy to be such a sweet brother. He's such a sarcastic troublemaker that I didn't think he has that type of heart.

We sit down and dig in. I couldn't help think about Percy and his girlfriend. Annabeth, right? Is he a good boyfriend and is treating her right? How is Paul trusting him this much? I couldn't help asking him about this. "Paul, how is Percy treating his girlfriend?" I asked him.

At this time, Sally decides to show up and bring out some brownies and ice-cream. She apparently heard my question and decided to answer it. "Percy's known her for five years, Emily. And they've been dating for two years already. They'd rather die than have the other one die and they really show it. " she explains.

I merely nod. Five years?! And have been together for two?! I really don't know anything about Percy Jackson's life. "What did you mean when you said I'd like her Paul?" I asked after a few minutes of silent eating.

"Oh, Annabeth is easily the smartest kid I know. That's how Percy's been maintaining his grades. She's tutoring him. " Paul said finishing his last bit of ice-cream. We all nod and talk about the school year and lesson plans.

"Annabeth's got to be really good since I don't see Percy paying attention in class, always looking around and fidgeting." I bring up the topic again.

"Percy has ADHD, he can't help looking around and fidgeting all the time. Trust me, he's listening, that's part of ADHD, being able to focus on more than one thing at the exact same time. And don't say anything about his writing, his dyslexia is pretty bad." Paul defended. I never knew this much about Percy. I thought that he just wasn't eager to learn like other kids. I thought that was hopeless and wasn't trying in class, and assumed that he cheated for tests a number of times. I guess I "judged a book by it's cover". And I'm a teacher, I teach kids not to do that.

Percy walked in from the back door with Lily on his shoulders and Annabeth holding his hand. Jason's hand was on his shoulder and Thalia was beside Jason. He didn't notice us looking at him and gave Annabeth a small kiss. They looked perfect together, like they were each others' light in darkness. And that's when I decided that I need to get to know a person before actually judging them. Percy and Annabeth were wonderful children and were lucky to have each other.

A/N
Word Count: 856

Hi, hello, how was your day? How's school? I know I know, I've been slacking hard I'm sorry. Been too caught up in school and stuff. There's this one fifth grader that's so adorable (like teddy bear cute) and is a really good singer and likes 1d and 5sos. His voice it so high to and it's so cute.

K back to pjo, I'm sorry, I really am for not updating. I'll try to, I'll do my best but it's school. Anyway, that's it for now. Thank you for 714. 🎉🎉🎉 Idc if that's a small number to some people but to me it's double my school so... Ty for everyone reading.

-Σηανε