GRACELYNNE

Gracelynne's POV

I shut off the tv when I saw Heroes of Olympus' tweet. "New video is up now."

If you don't know who HoO are, you are missing out. They are a band consisting of five people. All of them sing but they also play instruments. Percy Jackson normally plays acoustic guitar, Will Solace plays bass, Frank Zhang would play the keyboard, Jason Grace would take another guitar and Leo Valdez plays drums, or a cajon. But this is only live, in their YouTube videos, they would play whatever was necessary.

I turned on my laptop and went to YouTube. I searched their name up and saw the video:

RIPTIDE BY VANCE JOY| HEROES OF OLYMPUS

I clicked on it and it loaded for a bit then got started. (italics=video)

J: Hey, we're Heroes of Olympus and we'll be doing a cover of Riptide by Vance Joy.

Leo played a steady beat on the cajon as Jason and Percy strummed.

P: I was scared of dentists and the dark. I was scared of pretty girls and starting conversations
J: All my friends are turning green. You're the magician's assistant in their dreams.
P&J: Oo-ooh, and they come unstuck.

Percy had this somewhat deep, and pretty husky voice that made him sound like an angel. Jason, on the other hand, has a voice that is especially smooth, it's so beautiful and mesmerizing. When they harmonize, especially in slower songs, it's so beautiful and calming.

All: Lady, running down to the riptide, taken away to the dark side. I wanna be you left hand man. I love you when you're singing a song and I got a lump in my throat 'cause you're gonna sing the words wrong.

This is a cover that could put me to sleep, in a good way of course. It's so calming and relaxing. I'd compare this cover, vocally wise, with their cover of Fix You by Coldplay. Will stood out in that one though, he seems to have the highest vocal range.

W: There's this movie that I think you'll like, this guy decides to quit his job and head to New York City.

F: This cowboy's running from himself, and she's been living on the highest shelf.

W&F: Oh, and they come unstuck.

It's a rare duo, Will and Frank. If it's a duet with Will, it' usually with Percy or Jason and it's the same for Frank. I like this duo though. Their voices are both the highest so it sounds really high.

All: Lady, running down to the riptide, taken away to the dark side. I wanna be you left hand man. I love you when you're singing a song and I got a lump in my throat 'cause you're gonna sing the words wrong.

After the chorus, Leo stopped playing. I was confused at first and I saw Percy grinning while strumming.

L: I just wanna, I just wanna know. If you're gonna, if you're gonna stay. I just gotta, I just gotta know. If you're gonna, if you're gonna stay. I just gotta, I just gotta know. I can't have it, I can't have it any other way. I swear she's destined for the screen, closest thing to Michelle Pfeiffer that you've ever seen oh.

That was beautiful, I think I'm hyperventilating. Leo solos are very rare, since he's the drummer and all. He's only there during the harmony, it's hard for him to sing and play drums at the same time. His voice is amazing and he has that grungy rocker type of effect to him.

J: Lady, running down to the riptide, taken away to the dark side. I wanna be you left hand man. I love you when you're singing a song and I got a lump in my throat 'cause you're gonna sing the words wrong.