PHOENIX

Phoenix's POV

Hey, my name is Phoenix Mason and my life sucks. First of all, I'm a girl, to anyone who's wondering. I don't know why my mom gave me this name, it's weird and it's a boy's name.

I know what you're thinking, Stop complaining brat, some people have it worse than you. And they probably do, but right now, I have a single mom, an annoying adopted brother, and one friend. I never knew my dad, my mom says look just like him though. With my golden locks, mom, they're blonde. Blonde hair, blue eyes, I look like a basic white girl. I don't understand why he left my mom, apparently she does, but who could leave such a caring woman?

At school, I'm an outcast. I try to stay away from all of that, but I do have one friend. Her name is Annabeth Chase, she has blonde hair and calculating grey eyes. She's the smartest person I know plus she aces PE so those jocks can't call her a weak nerd. One tried to and she judo flipped him, I wonder where she learned that? Is she a black belt? Okay getting off topic, ADHD is pretty annoying. Annabeth has it too, she said she also used to have dyslexia, like me. This is why we're friends, she relates.

Today was a normal school day up until noon. Annabeth seemed to be really alert, as if she was expecting something. I suddenly figured out what that something was at lunch. I couldn't believe my eyes. Right before me were 3, 15-foot-tall giants with one eye in the middle of their heads. Cyclopes? They broke the school wall and yelled in rage.

Annabeth ran towards them without hesitation. "Annabeth, stop! You'll get hurt!" I yelled after her. Next thing I knew, she had a dagger in her hand and was slashing and dodging with inhuman speed. She killed one and it erupted into dust, but it was still two on one now.

She needed my help. Your locket, use your locket said a voice inside my head. That voice came once in a while, like when it told me to talk to Annabeth. I saw her already bleeding, without thinking, I yanked on my locket and it came off. When I looked in my hand, I saw a bow and I magically had arrows on my back. I never tried archery before, but right now I had no choice, I grabbed an arrow and aimed for it's eye. I let the arrow fly and it hit the cyclopes straight in the eye and it went down. That distracted it's partner and gave Annabeth the opportunity to stab. It exploded to dust and soon enough, so did the other one.

"You. Come with me, I'll explain on the way there. No questions until we're in the car," she said sternly. I was very confused but just nodded. She walked over to a black Porche, knocked on the door and it unlocked. "Not mine," she said. "it's your dad's," My dad?! But, I don't even know my dad, how can she? I followed her in the back seats and the car drove.

"Okay, I am really confused. Annabeth, what is up with the cyclopes, and how do you know my dad when even I don't, and how are we flying?!" I practically yelled.

Annabeth sighed she reached and grabbed the bag of what looked like lemon squares and ate one. "I'll start from the top," she said. "You know Greek myths? They're real, all of them, from Zeus to Medusa to Heracles. Sometimes those gods and goddesses would have affairs with mortals, normal people, and have children. These children are called demigods, monsters hunt these demigods so the only safe place is Camp Half-Blood. That's where we're headed. Sometimes demigods have to go on quests, fight monsters and accomplish something for someone. And before the quest, you get a prophecy, which is some poetry type thing said by the oracle of Delphi written in a riddle type way. In camp we train you for the real world, so if you get attacked by a monster you're not hopeless. You get a weapon there, sometimes they're from your father or mother even, like your locket. It's magic so it reappears back on your neck, so you won't lose it. You have dyslexia because our brain was built for reading Ancient Greek and your ADHD keeps you alert in battles. Is that everything?" she asked.

"You kind of forgot the whole father type thing," I told her.

"Oh right, that ball of sunshine driving the car is your dad, Apollo. God of music, the sun, poetry, prophecies, medicine and a bunch of other things," explained Annabeth. By the end my jaw was hanging wide open.

"Hey kiddo. We're almost here buckle up, I suck at landing. I'm sorry about this, but I won't get to see you a lot because I have to be at Olympus. You do have a lot of brothers and sisters, and I'm sure Percy and Annabeth can teach you a thing or two about swords and hand-to-hand combat," he said. I finally understood why he left.

"It's fine, but who's Percy?" I asked.

"Just a guy," Annabeth said looking out the window. I saw her cheeks were a rosy pink.

"You like him don't you Annie!" I teased thinking she'll protest.

"Well of course she likes him, that's the whole reason why they're dating. Plus he held up the weight of the sky for her and went to Greek hell aka Tartarus and way more other stuff," said Apollo.

Annabeth was dating someone? "Annabeth since when did you have a boyfriend?!"

"Since I was 16, now hold on we're landing and Apollo's crap at that," she warned. She was right, we landed right in the lake. We swam out to shore and we were greeted by a guy with jet black hair and lively green eyes.

"Wise Girl you okay?" he said rushing to her side. He kissed her forehead and gave her a hug and she instantly dried.

"Seaweed Brain, meet Phoenix Mason one of Apollo's, Phoenix meet Percy Jackson son of Poseidon," she introduced. I saw a guy from a distance running our way, once he got here, I noticed he looked just like me.

"Will Solace, nice to meet you. Hey dad," he stuck out his hand and I shook it.

"Will, let Percy and Annabeth have some alone time. Show Phoenix around the camp and get her settled in your cabin. I have to go." Apollo said.

"Okay, sweet a new sister. Come on Phoenix, you have to meet the others, let's leave the lovers alone," he said already taking off. I walked after him, but first looking back at Annabeth and Percy. Her head was on his chest and his arms were protectively around her, they seem to have gone through so much together.

A/N
Word Count: 1169

One of the longer ones. Credit to my good friend Jazmin16Star for making up the name. Not much Percabeth in this one, sorry about that. I might do another demigod or Frederick Chase for the next one. Goodnight, at least here it is.

-Σηανε