MR ROLAND

Mr. Roland's POV

I blow my whistle to silence my class. "Alright everyone!" I raise my voice so everyone can hear. "Today, we will be doing an obstacle course," I hear a bunch of cheering and some groaning. "I've invited one of my friends who formerly taught at Wilderness School. Coach Hedge," The middle aged man standing in the back of the room walked over to the front of the class.

"Get up cupcakes. Give me ten push ups right now!" he boomed. All of the students scurried and started doing push ups. "Come on! You call those push ups? Get down lower! That's it, good job Miss Chase," That left me confused, he knew Annabeth? And since when did the nerd who could care less about Phys. Ed, actually try?

"Before we get started, I brought a bunch of helpers with me. Come on out cupcakes," he motions at the door as four boys come in. The first one walked straight, not hunching over, he looked like he had some leader effect on him. His hair was blonde and his eyes were electric blue. The next boy was as tall as the first. His hair looks like he's never brushed it and he had this troublemaker, lopsided grin. His eyes were green, they reminded me of the sea. He looked like someone people would look up to, though he didn't seem to notice. The third guy looked even more mischievous as the second, he looked very carefree. He was shorter than the two and looked like a Latino elf. He seemed to not be able to sit still at all and kept teasing the fourth boy. The fourth boy definitely did not want to be there. He had the "emo" look, black hair and black eyes. He was shorter than the rest of them and probably the whole class, looked around 15.

The group stride at the front of the class and I could've sworn I saw the green eyed boy wink at Annabeth. Was he flirting with her?! I stepped beside them and said, "Well boys, introduce yourself to the class please."

"Hi everyone, I'm Jason Grace."

"Percy Jackson."

"Leo Valdez at your service," he bowed.

The emo kid didn't seem to be paying attention. Leo nudged him and he said "What? Oh, I'm Nico DiAngelo."

"Jason, why don't you demonstrate how to do the obstacle course? And Leo too why not, let's get all the hyperness (not a word, ik ik) out of him," Coach Hedge said. The boys did the obstacle course in amazing speed Jason beating barely beating Leo. There was ropes, a balance beam and bars it seemed inhuman to finish all of this in 3 minutes.

"You get the point, Jason and Leo here get a lot of training in camp so if you finish a couple minutes after them, then you better pick it up cupcakes! Hurry up two lines. Nico time that line, Percy time this one. Leo get me an apple, Jason get out. 3, 2, 1, go!" Coach orders.

- a f t e r c o u r s e -

I stared at the piece of paper stating the times.

Brianna - 8:40
Tristan - 6:59
Jacob - 7:31
Hannah - 9:44
Lisa - 10:34
Jayden - 9:51

I skimmed through all of them looking for who got dead last. Then I saw it,

Annabeth - 12:56.

I shrugged my shoulders and got to the front of the class. "Alright everyone, that's it for today-" I start.

"Sir, since there's a few more minutes till lunch, can I race someone from the class if they want to?" someone asks from behind me.

I turn around to see Percy, "Sure why not." I agree. He walks around the students looking at the girls' eager faces. Probably so they can ask him out later. I thought.

"You," he says pointing to the familiar blonde.

"Me?" she asks.

"Yeah you Wise Girl!" he says smirking.

"Percy, just because she got last doesn't mean you should take advantage of her," I say with sternness in my voice.

"No no Coach, it's fine," Annabeth says. I raise my eyebrows at her and she nods. They walk to the starting point and smile at each other.

"Besides, Seaweed Brain's just mad because I beat him at camp the last time," she said smirking. Percy glares at her.

"Somebody time this!" Jason said to no one in particular.

Leo raised his timer "I got it! 3....2....1.....2....4...-"

"Leo!!" Annabeth scolded glaring at the Latino.

"Sorry! 3, 2, 1, GO!" he finally said.

The pair moved with amazing speed. Like they've been doing this for their whole life. I was most impressed at Annabeth, under all that skin was a layer of strength that probably seems indestructible. They were as cunning at foxes and as graceful as deer. Their feet touched the finish line at the same time and Percy yelled "And that's how it's done!"

Annabeth and the three boys laughed. "How long Leo?" Nico asked startling all of us, he barely talked, and when he did, you'll find his voice so smooth that it sends you shivers.

"1 minute and 27 seconds. That's a new record," Leo said looking at the timer. The two looked at each other and smiled, they hugged and when they pulled away, pecked each other on the lips leaving us all shocked.

"This idiot is mine ladies, back off," Annabeth laughed. That left me wondering if I really knew her. Also, how much is she hiding?

A/N
Word Count: 930
Sorry this took long, I've been busy. I had piano two days ago and we went somewhere, today I went to some party thing. I can't update at all this week too because I have camp, I definitely will when I come back though. Please vote and comment.

-Σηανε