Chapter 35

I hear the door open and look to find Toby come in.

   "Hey" I got up and hugged him.

   "Hi" he pulled me in tight and gave me a huge kiss as a welcoming. We walked into our bedroom so he could change. By the time we were to the room he already had his jacket off. He sat down on the bed and took his socks and shoes off. I sat down next to him and waited for him to be done. He changed his pants into sweat pants and took his shirt off and right when he was about to put another one on I stopped him.

   "Wait"

  "What" he asked and turned towards me.

 "Come here" I motioned him to come towards me with my index finger. He did as he was told and walked towards the bed where I was sitting. Once he was close enough I grabbed his hands and pulled him towards me. I felt his chest and stomach which was chiseled with abs. I looked up at him and pulled his body down and he knelt down in front of me. I wrapped my arms around his neck and pressed our foreheads together. He wrapped his arms around my torso and pulled me closer to him.

   "I love you" he whispered and brushed his lips against my cheek. My breath hitched and I could feel his breath on my face.

   "I love you too" I whispered back and connected our lips. We did that for a couple minutes before we had to stop it from going any further.

   "We can't do this, I'm not cleared yet and we have a daughter in the other room" I panted clearly out of breath.

   "I-I know it's just so damn hard to keep my hands off you" he whined and panted too. We sat up and he gave me one quick peck on the lips before getting up and running out of the room. I laughed and followed him out. I saw him go into Kats bedroom and walk over to her crib. She was just waking up when he got over there and she started to fuss.

    "Hi baby girl, daddy's here, no one's gonna hurt you" he talked to her and just like with me, she instantly calmed down. He picked her up and gently bounced her in his arms. I stood in the door way quietly so he wouldn't know that I was there and just watched the two of them.

    "Daddy missed you a whole lot today, mommy is very lucky that she gets to spend all day with you because I would just love to do that" he says in a little baby voice. He walked around the room and continued to talk to her.

   "You are very beautiful, just like your mommy, I love you both sooo much and I don't know what I would do without  the two of you, I think I would die" he exaggerated. I walked up behind him and wrapped my arms around him. He jumped a little bit but nothing to serious.

    "I'm gonna get a diaper and some pajamas ready for her than I'm gonna feed her, you alright with watching her while I do that" I asked even though I knew he was.

   "Yeah, take your time" he tells me and I leave the room to do exactly what I said. I lay everything out on our bed and call for Toby to bring her in here. He slowly walks in and lays her on the bed. He than changes her diaper and gets her pajama clothes on while I get situated in the rocking chair that's in our room. Once he's all done he hands her to me so I can start feeding her.

   "I'm gonna go find something to make for dinner, yell if you need me" he said and walked out of the room. I watched Katherine eat and just sat there in silence. I heard Toby opening and closing cupboards and the fridge.

    "Hey Tobes" I call out to him and he comes into the room.

   "What are you doing" I ask.

   "I was looking for some things but I found them now, why, was I being loud" he answered with a question.

   "Yeah, I heard a lot of noise and didn't know what you were doing"