Ch 30 The video

Ch 30

This is dedicated to InkPrincessMarcia. You were right in Ch 25. The proposal is da calm before da ish hits da fan.

4 days later – October 6th

Annabel's POV

I'm sleeping then all of a sudden I feel freezing cold water all over me and I wake soaked.

"Oh my God, why did you do that" I ask surprised

"Well you were sleeping so I thought this was the best way to wake you up.

I want to roll my eyes but I know better than that. Last time I did that she scratched her sharp nails on my cheeks. It stung really badly.

"So how do you feel? It has been 18 days since we kidnapped you"

I looked shocked I didn't know it was that many days. Time had stopped for me the moment I woke up in the warehouse tied to the chair.

"I feel terrible but you guys already know that" I say bitter

"It is simple tells us where he is and we will let you go" Ben says

"Guys I told you since the first day I came. I don't know who that guy in the picture is. I never met him in my life. You say my fiancé killed him but you are wrong. I don't know who you think my fiancé is but it is not who you think. You mixed me up with someone else because my fiancé is Samuel Mussolini. He will never kill someone. He wouldn't even hurt someone.

Susan looked at me weirdly

"You seriously don't know" she asks

"Know what?" I ask

"Samuel Mussolini is in the Italian mafia. He is next in throne to be Godfather"

"That is definitely not true. I spent so much time with him. I think I would know if my soon-to-be husband is in the mafia or worst going to be the Godfather." I tell her

Then Ben started laughing really hard

"You are so delusional if you think he will never hurt someone. It is pathetic that you don't even know he is in the mafia. Do you know how much blood him and his family has on their hands. He is not even Godfather yet and he has killed or had his men kill a lot of people. His dad is way worst but eventually Samuel will become like his dad." He said

"That is not true. You are lying." I refuse to believe them

"Annabel, think about it why would we kidnap you. I have nothing against you except the fact that the man I hate is in love with you." Susan says

They make good points but I can't believe what they are saying. Samuel has always been loving towards me and romantic. He makes me feel confident in myself. He kisses the ground I walk on. He is my perfect guy. No one can have two different personalities. He can't be a sweet romantic loving guy with me and his family members then become an evil murderer to others. It just doesn't make sense.

They eventually left.

1 day later – October 7th

I was up. I notice Ben was bringing a TV with a VCR attached and Susan walked behind him with a tape.

"We have a surprise for you" she says

"What is it?"

The tape was in black and white. When it started Susan said "None of the people that work in the same town as I can bring this tape to the cops because your fiancé has cops on his payroll. That's why we had to take the law into our own hands and kidnap you"

The video started when Sammy walked in with some of his guards from his job. I never understood why he needed guards. A woman sitting on the table saw them and walked into the kitchen.

"This is the pizzeria next to my business. The chef's wife showed this tape to most of the businesses around town and Samuel didn't care of course because it teaches us not to skip payments. Gosh he is so evil. Anyways, I thought I would share it with you. Sorry but there is no audio" Susan said

Sammy and his guys just stood in the middle of the restaurant. They all looked serious. Sammy looked professional in his suit with his hands folded in front of him. He looked like he was ready to do a business deal. Then a man who I presume is the chef by the big chef hat he was wearing walked out with the woman who went into the kitchen. Sammy sat down at one of the tables and gestured the couple to sit in the seats across from him. They obliged. They were talking and the couple looked worried. The couple was holding each other hands so tightly. The man looked like he was begging. Sammy shook his head no and said something to the lady. The woman turned to her husband and he nodded his head at her. They released their hands. She kissed him on the lips and hugged him and before she left he took off his wedding ring and gave it to her. She started to cry and ran out. The man started crying more. Sammy showed no sympathy towards him. They talked a little more, and then Sammy took out a gun that apparently was holstered on his waist belt which was not visible before because his suit jacket was covering it. The man closed his eyes and Sammy shot him in his lungs. The man fell backwards. In medical school I learned that is the Worst place to get shot. When you get shot in your lungs your lungs begin to fill up with blood, which is somewhat slow, which then eventually kills, you by the inability to breathe. You gradually will begin to suffocate on your own blood filling up the capillary sacs in your lungs, which can take some time, but is a horrible and terrifying way to die. Sammy stood up, put his gun away, looked at the chef that was currently suffocating on his own blood and winked at the camera right before walking out the restaurant casually with his men following behind.

I was so shocked even after the video ended so I just stared at the TV. I couldn't believe what I just saw. My kidnappers were telling the truth. I feel so stupid. How could I have not known this?

I didn't remove my eyes from the TV. So eventually Susan and Ben just left me.

Finally I stood up, took out the tape from the VCR and threw it on the wall. Each time it fell I would pick it up and throw at the wall. Then I stomped on the tape repeatedly. It may seem irrational but I felt so angry. My fiancé is actually a murderer. He is sadistic. After killing someone in a harsh way how can you not be fazed by it. I think which surprised me even more is that he had the nerve to wink at the camera like its some joke. He obviously did that to upset the wife and to show the shop owners that he is not afraid to do that to them. He lied to me all this time and I was foolish to believe him. I finally just slid to ground with my back against the wall hugging my knees and I began to cry. I was having a mental breakdown. How could I be so naive? I felt so helpless so stupid my fiancé- the man I fell deeply in love with is next in throne to be Godfather.