Ch 9 My mother's interrogation

Dedicated to LilRed_ for liking my chapters.

Remember readers dont be silent readers and vote, vote, and vote

Sammy POV

I drove Annabel back to her dorm room.  Now I am on my way home. It is nice to know that Annabel has the same feelings for me. I now feel a little guilty for yelling at her without giving her a chance to tell me how she feels. I guess I have to change that side of me.

I approach the door and guess who opens it. My mother. I wonder why? If you did not know I am being sarcastic. I know why my mom opened the door. She wants to bombard me with questions about Annabel. She has been doing this every time I spend time with her.  My mom and the rest of my family can tell I am annoyed by this so my mom says and I quote "io sono semplicemente curiosi di scoprire il mio futuro nuora  (I am just curious about my future daughter in law)". I sometimes will linger with Annabel so I can come home late and escape my mom's interrogation. However my mother is a determined woman. She waits up all night so she can ask me questions. I know my dad begs her to go to bed and not wait up for me but she refuses. Thats my mom for you.

"Quello che è successo stasera ( what happened tonight)?" she asked

"Annabel e ho detto ti amo a vicenda. (Annabel and i said I love you to each other)." I answered quickly and tried to make a run for it but it was too late.

It was stupid to think I can say something like that and get away from my mother.

"Samuel Jr. Mussolini tornare qui (Samuel Jr. Mussolini get back here)." She shouted

"Mamma, io sono impegnato quindi devo andare (Mom, I am busy so I have to go)." I replied

"No stiamo parlando di questo proprio ora. Christina, Samuel, Anthony, Alexandria, e Sunny sono al piano di sotto adesso. (Nope we are talking about this right now. Christina,Samuel,Anthony, Alexandria,and Sunny come downstairs now)!" She yelled louder so all can hear.

"Mamma hai davvero chiamare tutti verso il basso (Mom, do you really have to call everyone down)." I asked

"Ci sono famiglie in modo che tutti abbiano il diritto di sapere troppo (We are family so they all have a right to know too)." She stated

" Hey Sammy! Mamma cosa vuoi( mom what do you want)?" Christina asked running downstairs with Alex and Sunny following along.
"Aspettiamo fino a quando il padre e Anthony sono inoltre (We wait until your father and Anthony come also)"

My dad walked down first.

"Quello che è successo tesoro( what happened sweetheart)" He asked my mom lovingly. She ignored his question and called Anthony again. He walked downstairs slowly talking on his phone.

" I swear I am going to change my name. " He said through the phone and hanged  up

" Why do you want to change your name" I asked curiously

" Because mom has been interrupting my phone calls all day to come downstairs and it is not anything important so  this is most likely as irrelevant has the rest" He said annoyed

I know we all had that feeling before but no one dared to say something like that. Christina and I both  gave each other the 'why the F is he saying that' look at the same time.  I am 23 and I don't even disrepect my mom like that as annoying as she can be.
She hit him on the back of his head.

" Mamma, perché l'hai fatto. che fanno male. (Mom,why did you do that. That hurt). He said rubbing his head

He is lucky that is all she did to him. When I was younger, I got in trouble alot. I guess I was the problem child. I do not know why Anthony is complaining he got it so easy. I would have loved to have her or my dad to only hit the back of my head when I said something rude or was disobedient.

"Si meritano questo. Non bisogna mai parlare con tua madre come quello nuovo(You deserve that. Do not ever talk to your mom like that again)." My dad ordered
"Ma papà. (But dad)." He whined
"Nessun mozziconi. (No butts)." My dad said sternly
"  Mi dispiace mamma (I am sorry mom)". Anthony said. He learns when to argue and when to not because he knows if he complains even more my father would be upset with him and this stupid argument is definitely not worth it, and it is not pretty when my dad is upset with you. I should know, I have been down that road many times.

"Io ti perdono, ma la prossima volta che sarò a sculacciate con la cintura. Non mi interessa quanti anni siete solo chiedere Samuel Jr. come ci si sente. (I forgive you but next time you will be spanked with the belt. I don't care how old you are just ask Samuel Jr. how it feels)". My mom told him.

I shivered remembering the feeling.

"Così ho voluto condividere con voi una buona notizia. Sammy  e Annabel hanno detto che si amano a vicenda(So I just wanted to share good news with you. Sammy  and Annabel said they love you to each other)."

"Aww. Non ho mai pensato che sarebbe venuto il giorno, ma mio fratello maggiore è innamorato.(Aww. I never thought the day would come but my older brother is in love.)"

"Lo sapevo. Lo sapevo. Lo sapevo.(I knew it. I knew it. I knew it. )" Alex chanted

"Hai invitato lei per la nostra cena in famiglia il Venerdì?(Did you invite her to our family dinner on Friday)" my mother asked
"Sì, e lei ha detto sì.(Yes and she said yes)" I told her
"Che ha detto ti amo prima (who said I love you first)?" Christina asked curiously
"Beh, ho detto accidentalmente (Well I said it accidently)" I addmited
I explained to them the whole story and the argument and the happy ending.
Christina slapped me in the back of the head
" Perché l'hai fatto (why did you do that)?" I asked surprised at her reaction
"Perché sei stupido per non darle la possibilità di parlare e solo assumendo. sai cosa vuol dire assumere giusto (because you are stupid for not giving her a chance to talk and just assuming. you know what assume means right)" she asked rhetorically
"So cosa significa (i know what it means)" I stated
"Ciò che significa assumere(what does assume mean)?" my dad asked curious
" I have to say it in English because that is the only way to understand it. Mama excuse me for the language but it means you make an ass out of you and me. You get it ass-u-me".My mom hates cursing so I had to say excuse me in front of her because she would hit me or yell at me if I didnt.

" Oh my God. Christina you curse in English. Do you curse in Italian too" She asked horrified

" No. I don't. It is just an American saying" She replied

Yeah right!(sarcasm)My sister has been cursing in both languages since she was young. I wouldn't be surprised if she is the one that came up with that  saying.

 " Goodnight. I am going to sleep." I said and left after giving hugs and kisses to them.