Lesson Five: Heavy Books are Effective Alarm Clocks

Above is a picture of Chloe

Chapter Five

Clock watching is my nemesis. You look down; you look back up again, search the classroom, make eyes with the clock then repeat the process five hundred billion times a lesson! Grrr... how can this class take so long?

I was stuck in double history with Cole. Again. Why, oh why, do I get placed in these situations? Matt was not in this lesson and it was only Cole, myself and six other people. There were EIGHT of us! How? Why was this even an option if no bugger else wanted to do it!

The second lesson was just about to start and the teacher showed no signs of stopping. She had been talking at us for about half an hour now about some stupid assassination but all I saw was a load of crap coming out of her gob. She could have been talking in tongue for all the sense she was making.

My eyelids were drooping as I got more tired. I wanted to keep my eyes open but it was just... too... hard...

BANG!

My head shot up at the sudden sound, my eyes darting around the classroom in shock. What the..? My eyes connected with Cole's and I glowered. Looking down to the source of the sound, I noticed a rather large textbook next to where my head was.

"Am I boring you, Miss Harris?" The teacher asked, an eyebrow arched, lips pursed and her hand on her hip. Completely ignoring what Cole did.

I shook my head and stretched my limbs. "No Miss. Just didn't get any sleep last night, I was... very busy." I replied. I smirked when Cole's gob dropped open. I am totally going to leave that open to interpretation.

"Well I don't appreciate it when my students fall asleep." She snapped at me. "And especially on their first day."

I gulped but nodded my head. "Okay. What are we exactly learning? In my past two lessons none of the teachers have explained what we're up to and I am a little confused." I admitted. History wasn't the worst subject in the world and I needed to do something today before I fall asleep again!

Her frown softened into a smile. "That is fine. We are learning about the causes of World War One. We have only just started so you haven't missed anything." She explained. "Right now, we are talking about the flicker of light that threw the whole world into war."

"And what is that?"

"Have you not listened to anything I have said?"

"I've written down the date, title and the word assassination, if it helps?" I queried a little unsure.

"Well at least you have more than some." She gave a pointed look to Cole and a boy sat next to him. "And yes, the assassination of the Archduke Franz Ferdinand of Austria. He was shot by Gavrilo Princip in Serbia."