Lesson Seventeen: Be Blunt - They Need It Sometimes

Chapter Seventeen

"Come on! Don't start slacking now, we still have a lesson to get through before half term!" Miss Johnson shouted as I stayed slumped on the desk.

I didn't mind History but there was half an hour left before we broke up for the February half term and I had no energy. I had missed last lesson because I decided to take one of my 'deserved days off' as Chloe and I called them and I was playing catch up.

"We know all about it though Miss! Why can't we just watch a film instead?" The guy sat next to Cole shouted out.

I nodded in agreement – I liked that idea but didn't bother to lift my head off the desk.

"Bailey!" My eyes widened but I still didn't move. "Will you please get up off the desk!"

I sighed and slowly turned my head to face her, I didn't move my chin off the desk though. My arms were dropped to my sides and I hadn't even bothered to get my textbook out of my bag – that is if I had it in the first place which I probably didn't.

"Too tired, Miss."

"Another late night?" The boy at the front asked, winking and I smirked in return.

"You can say that."

Cole stayed frowning at me but I ignored him. Apart from the first couple of days I was here, I only spoke to him in Maths where I still sat next to him. I sit near Matt in form now which is great. I can't stand him. He is such a grumpy arse as well.

He was almost like a stranger again. It was better for us both – we just wound each other and it wasn't healthy. We did cheer each other on though in lesson when we did something to disturb the teacher but that was about it.

"Anyway! We aren't watching a film. That is when it is the end of the full term. You still have an exam in June and you need all of the hours you can get to learn it all."

"Oh but Miss we do!" He protested. He was no Holly in geography.

"Okay, if you each all answer my question correct I will let you watch a film." She countered. Ah, fuck.

"Leave it, we won't all get it correct." I was sure I wouldn't. For the lessons I had turned up to, about half I had missed. It was probably stupid because I had got behind in all of my lessons but I didn't care too much anyway – I was hardly going to amount to anything.

He turned and pouted at me. Cole laughed. "Man, she is right. We won't get the answers right. We may as well just leave it. It's only twenty-five minutes."

His shoulders slumped at being defeated and he turned back to the front. I felt sorry for him but she wouldn't back down, she was good at that. She controlled us for the most point which was more than most of them did.

Besides, did Cole just agree with me on something? I was dumb-struck.

**********

Walking out, I felt like I was floating on air. There wasn't a better feeling than walking out of school on a Friday and knowing you don't have to come back for a week. This week was going to be mental!

We had a house party we were going to tonight which I couldn't wait for! I was getting ready at Holly's then we were getting a taxi to Matt's where we were picking up the lads and then going.

I don't even know what he was called, I just knew his parents were out for the weekend and we were making the most of it!

Henry was parked outside the school, so with a grunt, I walked over. I had wanted to go straight over to Holly's but my dress was at home and Henry wanted me home as well for a couple of hours. I had no idea fucking why though.