Lesson Sixteen: Sweet Home Alabama is the Best Film Ever

Chapter Sixteen

That was quite a sad thought to be honest. Cole being the last person I was comfortable around. It had been nearly two years since everything nose-dived that it doesn't even feel like we were once good with each other.

McKenzie had gone by that point so I couldn't even rant to her about everything. Of course my sister's knew but I wished I could have told her as well.

I sighed, my house was in front of me. I had left Matt at his and it had only taken fifteen minutes to get home - Pissy Percy was slunched on his doorstep, snoring away. It was the only real sound I could hear - everything was eerily quiet.

Henry's car was outside of the house so that suggested he was in and the lights were on in our bedroom at the front so Chloe obviously had no qualms about dumping me back there. I was going to kill her when I saw her. I didn't do nothing wrong for Moll to shout at me like that - the more I thought about it the more I knew I was in the right.

I mean, sure, she didn't go ballistic or anything but she still shouted at me for asking questions. Moll never shouted - only when someone stole her alcohol or her clothes - so for her to shout at me for asking a real question was hurtful. How can the two of them care so little? 

I want to be more like Chloe but how can I do that?

With a huge intake of breath, I pushed down on the handle, pressing harder when it predictably stuck, and opened the door. The living room light was on but nobody was there. What the hell? Henry always goes mad when we leave lights on in the house!

Where was he? "Chloe?" I yelled up the stairs.

No sound. I frowned, what was happening? "Chloe!" I shouted again. Why isn't she responding?

I walked further into the living room, the tele was off and everything else but not the light. I sighed, switching it off and ran up the stairs.

I burst into my bedroom - Chloe was sat there on her bed with their earphones in. Moll was sat on mine - same position. Moll noticed me first when she glanced up but Chloe didn't.

She didn't make a move so I stomped back out. I didn't want to see them. Why did she just stare at me? Did she think I was going to stay out all night? I'm not her - I don't run away from things.

I wandered into the boys' room. Henry was sat with his laptop on his lap, phone in hand. His eyes went to mine and he smiled. That was scary. I tilted my head slightly to the side. "You okay?" I mouthed.

He nodded then shooed me away with a hand. Henry just smiled at me... has he forgotten about yesterday? Does he remember? God I hoped he doesn't! I'll be grounded for weeks!

Sure, I don't listen to him but when you don't - he does make life hell. It was sometimes easier just doing as he asked – I rarely did but when he got so mad he went bright red and he was smashing things up - you shut up. A teacher couldn't hit you but your brother could.

I opened the door to Molly's room – she used to be in there with Jenny but when she left, she got the room to herself. It was bright pink and bright yellow but the paint was peeling and the fluorescent colouring was long gone. It used to be my mum's old room and it was she that chose the colours – we've never actually painted it ourselves or had a choice in what we did with it.

In Chloe and my room, we have got everyone who has ever been in the room to sign on the walls so it was a load of scribbles just covering the white walls. In the corner, behind the broken wardrobe was a love declaration. It was quite cheesy so we hid it but nothing had been scribbled out – what is written on the walls stays on the walls. It was quite cute to see how we have grown up.