Lesson Eleven: Bullies Deserve To Be Beaten Up

Picture of Nathan 

Picture of Nathan 

Chapter Eleven

   Chemistry was a bit tense, I am not even going to pretend that it wasn't but I just didn't know how to act around him. I've known him for two days and he already knows so much about me and yet, I don't know anything about him. 

  He was obviously a Golden Boy but then, yesterday in Biology he had a laugh with me so he can't be too much of a stickler for the rules. He also obviously listens to rumours.

   That pissed me off, why won't he tell me how he knows all about my previous school? I was there from September to December. I don't know anybody's name so how come he knowsmore  then what I fucking did? Grrr!

   "Where do your mates hang out?" I asked as we packed our stuff away. Well, I say pack our stuff away, I had two books and a pen in my bag. Matt had a calculator, two drinks, about six books and loads of wrappers in there - how the heck does he manage to carry all of that stuff around everyday? How does he remember to bring it all?

   "We usually just sit in the dining room," he shrugged. "Is that okay?" 

      My eyes bulged, "Yes! Yes of course!" I cried, why was he asking that? Of course it was okay! 

      He smiled at my reaction, "Well come on then, they'll be waiting for us." 

      I started down the stairs with him, a bunch of kids were climbing the stairs against us. As I got to about the seventh step, a bag was smashed into some poor kids face. He took a few steps back, grabbing out, my hand wrapped round his shirt and I just managed to keep him upright. 

   The boy was red-faced, not sure if it was from the sting or the embarrassment but I was beyond fuming. Before I could even think, I shoved my bag in Matt's arms and followed after him Reaching the top, I pulled on his bag hard causing the blonde-haired boy to fall on his ass. People were surrounding us but I was too angry to care much.

   "Oi! What the hell was that for?" I asked him. "That poor lad did fuck all to deserve that!" 

    He clambered back to his feet, his eyes darting around to see who was there. To be fair. there weren't too many, just about a dozen or so. There were only so many people you could actually fit on the narrow corridor of the stairs. "Who the hell are you?"

   My eyes turned to slits, nothing I hated more than bullies. "That doesn't matter. I asked you a question. Why did you just smash your bag into that poor kid's face? Does it make you feel good picking on those smaller than you?"

   He looked like he was in the year below mine, he had this stupid blonde haircut and he had Beats headphones wrapped around his neck like some shit fashion statement. He was quite bulky, he wasn't fat as such, but he just wasn't skinny.