Lesson Twelve - We are all going to get killed by a volcano. Wonderful.

Chapter Twelve

   "So anyway, are we still meeting up at yours this weekend?" Holly asked Matt as she placed her hand in Nathan's crisps and shoved half a dozen of them in her mouth.

   "Yeah, Brad said he will buy us some alcohol as long as we can get the money together." He smiled. I laughed, the day any of my siblings asked me for money for alcohol is the day they find out life can get much harder. If Molly or Kain don't buy us alcohol then I just go to the pub and put it on their tab anyway - or Chloe and I will find someone willing to share a bottle. 

   "Where do you get the money from?" I asked, I never had any money.

      "Work." All four of them replied almost in unison. Why do they work? How can they be arsed with that? How can all of them work? I didn't even know there were jobs out there for our age!

   "Where?"

      "I do a few jobs for my mum where she works," Matt said. "I only work Saturday mornings and early afternoons and after school on Wednesday and Thursday. She pays me twenty quid per day." 

   Could you imagine? That is sixty quid per week! He's loaded! He could even buy nice clothes without instead of resorting to what Chloe and I do about once every month or so. But then, it is more fun they way Chloe and I do it.

   The bell above rang, startling me. Grumbling, I looked around at them. "Any of you have geography next less by any chance?" 

   "I do!" Holly chirped. "With Mr. Gregg?"

      I nodded my head, "Yeah - on a scale of shit to even shitter, how does he rate?" I laughed as I grabbed my bag and threw it over my shoulder.

   She giggled with me, "Not too bad, about a four on the strict scale, somewhere just above Mr. Hughes. He is also right old so no luck there either." She hooked her arm through mine without any warning, making me jump before turning around and waving at the boys who were still gathering their stuff up.

   I felt like I was being swept away with hardly any idea as to what was happening. She was so infectious, her personality was always bubbly and you couldn't help yourself getting swept away in it all. 

   She was genuinely nice, it did make me doubt her - God, I barely trusted anyone and if they were nice the suspicion was raised significantly higher. I mean, it did make you think about why she was so nice? Did she have an ultimatum? She was just another girl who was nothing like me. 

   Those answers will definitely come later on but at the moment, in the present, I'd barely known her half an hour - judgement would have to be passed later on.

   "Goody." I deadpanned. 

      "Eh, we'll make it fun. We usually just muck around most of the time anyway. We are starting volcanoes this week and Mr. Gregg has a penchant for conspiracy theories. Joe and I decided that we'd get him talking about Yellowstone."

   I didn't let it appear on my face that I had no clue what Yellowstone and volcanoes had to do with each other as I didn't want to embarrass myself. Instead I just laughed.

   "What else have you got up your sleeves in case that doesn't work?" I asked her. I usually had a back up plan when I wanted to get a teacher distracted in case they didn't take the bite. Two were usually enough, get the talking for fifteen minutes on each one, that leaves only twenty minutes of teaching time which was perfect.