Lesson Nine: Honesty sometimes ISN'T the best policy

Photo of Kain (I love Brant Daugherty!)

Deze afbeelding leeft onze inhoudsrichtlijnen niet na. Verwijder de afbeelding of upload een andere om verder te gaan met publiceren.

Photo of Kain (I love Brant Daugherty!)

Chapter Nine 

   "Kain - thanks for helping us." I told him as we were walking down the street and away from the house. I had at least one more night of freedom - I was making the most of it.

   "Don't worry about it." 

      "I know, but we've never seen him like that. Is it odd to say that I feel a bit worried about him?" It felt weird - I was always the one who was cursing the ground he walked on constantly but I had never seen him this drunk before in my life. 

    Henry getting drunk I would usually view as a good thing because it meant he wasn't being as uptight as usual but there is having a few beers and relaxing and there is downing a whole bottle of JD almost and crashing out on the sofa. 

   "No Bails, he is our brother at the end of the day," He told me. "And just so you know, I've never seen him like that either." He added. 

   I smiled up at him. He was a foot taller than me and he had the same tone of brown hair that Jason and our mother had. Chloe and Jenny did have it as well but they had dyed it so the colour on their head now was not what they were born with. 

   Kain was always reassuring though and he was sound. "What you doing now then?" I was walking to the shop - I had found sixty pence lying around so I was going to get a packet of crisps. Chloe was catching us up - she was just grabbing a few things. What they were is another man's guess though.

   "Probably go round to Ben's house and play on his X-Box." He shrugged. "Nowt else to do, is there?"

      "There's that." I chuckled. I don't have a clue as to what Chloe and I were going to do, all I did know was that I couldn't go back home until Kain and Moll were there. "Will you text me when you are walking home so I can be in the house when you are there?"

   He sighed. "You shouldn't be afraid of going home," he mumbled. "And I will do, I might ring you off Ben's phone if I can." 

   "Good. Who is Ben anyway?" Was he hot? That was all I was thinking about. In fact, would I have heard of him? Kain was only three years older than me. He turned eighteen in August and I don't think he has been in at the weekend since. He was at college but he did a few hours at the weekend with a building firm - his college hooked him up with the job but with the shit weather he hasn't been doing much. 

   That is why usually he would buy me a small bottle of vodka or cider (depending on how much he has) - because he could afford it - and well with the twenty quid he has won at my expense, he won't be giving me any because he has no money himself.

   January is always a shit month anyway. "Ben is my friend from college. Ben Upton. I don't think you know him..." He trailed off. To be fair, Chloe and I had both fooled around with a few of his friends and we always kept it from Kain - or we tried to - but we couldn't really help it, everyone he hung around with was hot!