Lesson Twenty-Two: Opportunities Should Not Be Wasted

Chapter Twenty-Two

Buzz. Buzz. Buzz.

"Turn it off!" I whined as I buried my head further into the pillow. I felt like absolute shite. My mouth felt like sandpaper. Where is the water?!

I didn't want to open my eyes but the urge to have a cold drink was beginning to win. I could feel the sunlight on my face so I was obviously facing the window. If I turned over, maybe I could adjust easier?

I went to roll over but was stopped. There was a heavy weight laying on top of me that I didn't notice at first. My stomach was doing flips and the phone kept vibrating underneath the pillow making me feel nauseous.

Whoever they were, they were partly laid between my legs as I laid on my stomach and they were on my back also. To my relief, I wasn't naked and I don't think they were either.

What time was it? The sunlight indicated it was late-morning because there was no sun in February in the mornings but I wasn't sure.

I could feel my stomach churning and I needed to get to a bathroom soon.

"Get off!" I croaked. Okay, that didn't help things. Why were they so God damn heavy? In fact, who were they? Where was I?

I opened my eyes, the bright light streaming on my face making my eyes burn. "Ow." I muttered, my eyes adjusting to the light in the room.

Whoever was laid on me were comfy as fuck but it didn't mean I didn't want a bathroom more than comfort.

I was too weak for this shit. "Get off!" I repeated and with one solid push, managed to roll them off of me and I hightailed it off the bed and out of the room. Who was it? Huh, I didn't even look.

My eyes caught the bathroom and before I could spell 'vomit' it was coming out of me like a rainbow. What was I drinking? My breath tasted rank.

I heard laughing from behind me. I didn't want to turn around. I did feel better now that it was all out though. I must have been drinking something blue in colour as that was the main colour of the sick.

Bleurgh.

I flushed the toilet and turned around. Brad was stood there. Brad? "What are you doing here? Picking your brother up?" I asked, I'm assuming we all passed out at Kieron's.

His brow crinkled. "Where do you think you are?"

"At the house party..." The expression on his face told me I was wrong. "I'm not at home."

"No shit." He laughed. "You are at my house. Well, the one I share with my parents, Bex and my little brother." There was a twinkle in his eye. "And whose bed you stayed in last night."

Fuck! "What?" I stood out of the bathroom and then surveyed the actual hallway. There were pictures of the three O'Brien kids lining the staircase. "I've never been here before." I admitted. "How did I get here?"

"You walked home."

"Really? How the fuck? It is at least five miles away!" I cried. Is that why my heels stung slightly still?

"Right, I've been on nights out before but how do you not remember? How much did you drink last night?" He was saying it with a chuckle so I knew he wasn't some Henry maniac.

I grimaced, "I don't even know. I can remember dancing to Christina and my mind pretty much goes blank after that." I admitted. My head felt like two pans were being smashed together in there and so trying to remember any of the night was a feat.