Lesson Fifteen: Don't Entice The Moron - You'll Hurt Yourself

Picture of Brad

Picture of Brad

Chapter Fifteen

I felt someone pushing me slightly. I had my eyes closed and I felt awful. Is it a dream? The shoving continued.

"Bailey!"

"Sod off Henry! It can't be morning yet!" I muttered as I tried to turn over. Before I knew it, my ass slipped and I fell. My heart leapt into my throat, my eyes thrown open and my arms spreading out as I tried unsuccessfully to catch myself.

My breathing hitched but it didn't take long to realise I wasn't in my bed... or at home. Where was I? I glanced around, noticed the glass windows, the automatic doors and the... buses. I was in the bus station. How on Earth did I get here? Was I actually asleep?

Wait, if Henry wasn't waking me up? Who did?

I glanced behind me and stood, his hands covering his face to hide his laughter was Matt. Why was he here? "Need help?"

He stood forward to help me off the cold hard ground but I batted his hands away and stood up myself. My back felt awful and there was a crick in my neck that wouldn't relieve itself. Trying to rub it away, I watched him.

"Why were you asleep? In the bus station?" His wide, chocolate coloured eyes were bouncing with laughter but I could tell he was trying to stop himself from laughing physically out loud which I was grateful for. He had a humourous frown but the fact he was trying was appreciated. I didn't want anyone else laughing at me.

"Never mind that, why did you wake me up? I was having a wonderful dream that consisted of myself, Ryan Gosling, Dirty Dancing on in the background and a bed."

His face screwed up at the image. "Wonderful. And it is nine o'clock at night, you looked really uncomfortable and you are freezing cold. Were you waiting for your bus?"

I snorted, yeah, like I could afford the bus. "No, I had an argument with my sister's. Didn't notice I had fallen asleep, to be honest." I laughed off uncomfortably, looking back at the chair I had had a kip on. There was nobody around in this section of the bus station which is rare but that might have been because of the time. I must have been asleep nearly three hours! Damn, didn't realise I was that tired.

I felt in my blazer pocket, a sigh of relief when I realised I still had everything I stole earlier. I'm surprised nobody robbed me.

"Well, how are you getting back home?"

I could smell chicken and my stomach grumbled embarrassingly. Covering my stomach with my arms quickly, I gave him a sheepish grin. I'd have to get home before I could get any food and with Henry passed out yesterday, he wouldn't have gone shopping unless he managed to go today. Bloody hell. I hope he got something in, even if it is just cereal.