Pilot Pt. 2

"Lord, I was a born a ramblin' man. Tryin' to make a livin' and doin' the best I can..." I stopped singing when Dean came up with what he considered breakfast.

"Hey! You want breakfast?" Dean asked Sam

"No, thanks," Sam stated

"Not unless...." I started only for Dean to toss me my bacon, egg and cheese biscuit "Yes!"

"So how'd you pay for that stuff?"

Dean stayed silent

"You and dad still running credit card scams?"

"Yeah, well, hunting ain't exactly a pro ball career," Dean replied

"Besides, all they do is apply. It's not their fault the people send them cards," I said

"Yeah? And what names did you write on the application this time?" Sam asked

"Uh, Burt Aframian and his son Hector. Scored two cards out of the deal,"

"That sounds about right. I swear, man, you've gotta update your cassette tape collection,"

"Why?" Dean and I asked

"Well, for one, they're cassette tapes. And two, Black Sabbath? Motorhead? Metallica? It's the greatest hits of mullet rock.

"Well, house rules, Sammy," Dean looked at me from the rear view mirror and I could only sigh

"Driver picks the music, shotgun shuts his cakehole. I suggest investing in an iPod," I waved mine in front of him "That's what I did,"

"Yeah, you complain about my music... she listens to vocals,"

"It's called A-Cappella music. And there's nothing wrong with Pentatonix,"

Dean only rolled his eyes as he started the engine

"You know, Sammy is a chubby twelve-year-old," Sam complained as I began tapping out 'Back In Black' as it played through the speakers "It's Sam, okay?"

Dean purposefully turned up the music. "Sorry, I can't hear you, the music's too loud,"

***

"Thank you." Sam closed the cellphone "Alright. So, there's no one matching Dad at the hospital or morgue. So that's something, I guess," he turned to see that Dean wasn't paying attention and looked back to see that Selina had fallen asleep. "So what's the story?"

"What?" Dean asked

"Last I checked Dad isn't one for holding a child care center. So how did she end up here,"

Dean focused on the road once more as he let out a sigh "It was a hunt. Dad and I ran into her, she helped us and left. We ran into her again and..." Dean hesitated and looked once more at the sleeping teen in the back "She has no one, Sam. Dad was reluctant at first, but she has... talents that dad wanted to use. She saved our lives. I've grown to enjoy her company, it helped a bit... after you left,"

"Check it out," Selina stated as she sat up. The boys looked up and saw the police cars and several officers spread out across the bridge.

"Selina,"

"Stay in the car. Don't worry Dean you know how I am about these people,"

***

"Agent Mulder. Agent Scully?" Sam asked when he entered the Impala.

I laughed

"It's a TV series Selina watches whenever we're holed up in a motel. X-Files," Dean explained