Asylum

I woke up as Sam got off the phone

"Caleb hasn't heard from him?" Dean asked

"Nope. And neither has Jefferson or Pastor Jim. What about the journal? Anything leads in there?" Sam questioned and I realized they were still looking for John.

"No, same as last time I looked. Nothing I can make out...I love the guy, but I swear, he writes like friggin' Yoda,"

"Patience you must have my young padawan," I quoted and Dean laughed as he tousled my hair.

"You know, maybe we should call the Feds. File a missing person's," Sam suggested

"We've talked about this. Dad'd be pissed if we put the Feds on his tail," Dean said

"I don't care anymore," A cellphone rang and Dean began to look for it "After all that happened back in Kansas, I mean...he should've been there, Dean. You said so yourself. You tried to call him and...nothing,"

"I know! Where the hell is my cellphone?"

"You know, he could be dead for all we know,"

"Don't say that! He's not dead! He's-he's..."

"He's what? He's hiding? He's busy?"

Dean finally found the cellphone and flicked it open "Huh. I don't believe it,"

"What?" I asked

"It's, uh...It's a text message. They're coordinates," Dean began typing on the laptop.

"You think Dad was texting us?" Sam asked

"He's given us coordinates before,"

"The man can barely work a toaster, Dean,"

"Sam, it's good news. It means he's okay..." I looked at him as I spoke "Or alive at least,"

"Well, was there a number on the caller ID?" Sam asked

"Nah, it said 'unknown'," Dean replied

"Well, where do the coordinates point?"

"That's the interesting part. Rockford, Illinois,"

"Ok, and that's interesting how?"

"I checked the local Rockford paper. Take a look at this,"

"This cop, Walter Kelly, comes home from his shift, shoots his wife, then puts the gun in his mouth, blows his brains out. And earlier that night, Kelly and his partner responded to a call at the Roosevelt Asylum,"

"Okay, I'm not following. What has this have to do with us?"

"Dad earmarked the same asylum in the journal. Let's see..." Dean found the page "Here. Seven unconfirmed sightings, two deaths-till last week at least. I think this is where he wants us to go,"

Sam snorted "This is a job...Dad wants us to work a job,"

"Well, maybe we'll meet up with him? Maybe he's there?" I pointed out

"Maybe he's not?"

I jumped back at Sam's tone and felt Dean behind me

"I mean, he could be sending us there, by ourselves, to hunt this thing,"

"Who cares!" Dean exclaimed causing me once more to flinch at his tone "If he wants us there, it's good enough for me!"

I couldn't take it anymore and went outside of the motel, almost as soon as I left Sam and Dean exited.

Sam didn't talk to me and headed to the front desk to check us out.

"Selina..." Dean started.