Shadow Pt. 2

Dean was carrying me on his back as we walked back to the room "Why didn't you just leave that stuff in the car?"

"I said it before, and I'll say it again better safe than sorry," Sam said

I got off Dean's back and growled at the door.

Dean quickly unlocking it and seeing the outline of someone standing by the window "Hey!"

Sam turned on the light and I relaxed as I saw it was John "Dad?"

"Hey, boys. Selina." John greeted.

I only nodded while Dean went and hugged his father. Once the emotional reunion, John turned to Sam

"Hi, Sam,"

"Hey, Dad," Sam greeted

"Dad, it was a trap. I didn't know, I'm sorry," Dean apologized

"It's alright. I thought it might've been," John admitted

"Were you there?"

"Yeah, I got there just in time to see the girl take the swan dive. She was the bad guy, right?"

"Yes, sir," we all stated

"Good. Well, it doesn't surprise me. It's tried to stop me before,"

"The demon has?"

"It knows I'm close. It knows I'm gonna kill it. Not just exorcize it or send it back to hell-actually kill it,"

"How?"

"I'm workin' on that,"

"Let us come with you. We'll help," Sam claimed.

I took a step towards the door as I was unsure if a fight was going to occur, but Dean put his arms around me.

"No, Sam. Not yet. Just try to understand. This demon is a scary son of a bitch. I don't want you caught in a crossfire. I don't want you hurt," John argued

"Dad, you don't have to worry about us,"

"Oh, course I do. I'm your father. Listen, Sammy, last time we were together, we had one hell of a fight,"

"Yes, sir,"

"It's good to see you again. It's been a long time,"

"Too long,"

I felt something was wrong "No!" I shouted as the shadow demon's attacked, Dean threw me behind him as he fell to the floor. I was shocked, none of them were attacking me. I finally shouted "Enough!!" The shadow demons came towards me but I held out my hand and they stopped, but I knew I couldn't hold them for long. Out of nowhere a flare was lit and the light filled the entire room, Sam quickly grabbed me and we ran until we came to the Impala.

"Alright, come on. We don't have much time. As soon as the flare's out, they'll be back," Sam said

"Wait, wait, wait! Sam, wait. John, you can't come with us," I said

"What? What are you talkin' about?"

"You three, you're beaten to hell," John said

Dean put a hand on my shoulder and I knew he understood what I was doing "We'll be alright,"

"Dean, we should stick together. We'll go after those demons..." Sam argued

"Sam! Listen to me! We almost got Dad killed in there. Don't you understand? They're not gonna stop. They're gonna try again. They're gonna use us to get to him. I mean, Meg was right. Dad's vulnerable when he's with us. He-he's stronger without us around,"

"Dad—no. After everything—after all the time we spent lookin' for you-please. I gotta be a part of this fight,"

"Sammy, this fight is just starting. And we are all gonna have a part to play. For now, you've got to trust me, son. Okay, you've gotta let me go. Be careful, boys. Selina, take care of them," John said

"Come on," Dean said as we watched as John's truck turned the corner and we headed off in the opposite direction.