Dead in the Water

"Can I get you anything else?" The Waitress asked.

I looked up to see the waitress, Wendy, come to our table for the dozenth time we were here.

Dean, being Dean just grinned as he chewed on the pen.

"Just the check, please," Sam said as he came over and sat down.

"Okay," Wendy said as she walked off.

I snickered as Dean dropped his head and looked at Sam

"You, know, Sam, we are allowed to have fun once in a while," Dean sighed.

I looked over to see that Wendy was wearing short shorts and rolled my eyes

"That's fun," Dean handed me and Sam the newspaper he's been circling the entire time. "Here, take a look at this, I think I got one. Lake Manitoc, Wisconsin. Last week Sophie Carlton, eighteen, walks into the lake, doesn't walk out. Authorities dragged the water; nothing. Sophie Carlton is the third Lake Manitoc drowning this year. None of the other bodies were found either. They had a funeral two days ago,"

"A funeral?" Sam asked

I rolled my eyes "It's what people do for closure,"

"Closure?"

I hitched my breath as I realized where this was going

"What closure? People don't just disappear. Other people just stop looking for them,"

"Should I just head for the Impala?" I asked but Dean pulled me back down onto the booth.

"Something you want to say to me?" Dean questioned

"The trail for Dad. It's getting colder every day," Sam argued

"Exactly. So what are we supposed to do?"

"I don't know. Something. Anything,"

"You know what? I'm sick of this attitude. You don't think I wanna find Dad as much as you do?" Dean left the table and I groaned.

"Yeah, I know you do, it's just-"

I held up my hand for him to stop. "Sam. I'm the one that's been with Dean every single day for the past year," I checked my phone "and a half, while you've been off to college going to pep rallies. We will find John, but until then, we're gonna kill everything bad between here and there. Okay?" I got up

"You know that means werewolves,"

I pinned him against the wall "In case you don't remember the Wendigo case. I will fight to protect you, boys. But right now, I'm leaning towards just saving Dean if given the choice. If you feel that I'm not loyal. Trust me, I've fought my own 'kind' before," I stormed out of the diner and went into the Impala.

"What's up moonshine," Dean teased.

I just slammed the door shut behind me.

Dean glared at Sam "What did you say?"

Sam didn't answer "How far?"

Dean looked at me but I just put on my headphones and drowned out the world as I let the tears fall.

***

Knowing that Sam knew about my wolf identity I was able to go with the boys when they interviewed Will Carlton.

"Will Carlton?" Dean asked

"Yeah, that's right," Will replied

"I'm Agent Ford. This is Agent Hamill. We're with the US Wildlife Service,"