Chapter Fourteen

Xx Flashbacks in italicsxX

"What?" she said. I looked down and hugged her. I just saw my dad, he looks still the same. 

"What happened?" she asked pulling away. I just shook my head

"Can we just go home?" I asked her wiping my tears away then she nodded. She puts one arm around me then we started walking out of the mall. I didn't say anything since we got in the car. So many thoughts are in my mind. He looks happy maybe he's got his own family that's why he never came back to us. I'm surprised he still recognized me, I thought he forgot me. And how stupid I am to hug him, he doesn't deserve it. He didn't even try to stay contact with us but I still miss him. We still had good memories.

---------------------

"Ready to go" dad asked starting the car. We're heading to the beach today and I'm so excited. Dad promised that he hill teach me how to swim when we get there then mam said we will make sand castles. I can't wait till we get there

"Yes!" Carson and I said at the same time. We looked at each other then laughed.

"Buckle up" mam said smiling to us. We buckled up our seatbelts then drove to the beach.

-------------------

"Here we are" dad said. We got to the beach. There were only a few who were there but I don't mind. I unbuckle my seatbelt and turned to Carson who is sleeping.

"Wake up Carson, we're here" I said shaking him. He stirred sitting up straight and looking around. He smiled then he unbuckle his seatbelt then opened the door and stepped out. Dad opened my door then I stepped out of the car. 

"Come on" I said grabbing Carson's hand and running towards the shore.

"Don't go too far" Mam yelled. 

"Yes mam" When we got to the shore I started splashing some water to Carson. He grinned at me then started splashing water to me as well. We started playing and laughing then we saw mam and dad sat on the sand watching us with a smileon their faces.

"Race to mam and dad" I said to Carson.

"Sure"

"1,2,3 Go!" I started to run towards mam and dad and Carson is behind me trying to chase me. I laugh at him. When I got to mam and dad they we're laughing. I sat beside dad catching my breath watching Carson run towards us. 

"Cheat" He said when he got to us then sat beside mam. I just laughed at him.

"This is the best day ever" I said watching the sun go down with a smile on my face.

--------------------

I was cut off with my thoughts by Julia.

"Areyou okay?" I looked at her and just smile sadly. I didn't even realize that we're already here infront of my house. 

"I should go, Thanks for the ride see you soon." I said opening the door and stepping outside of the car. "Bye" I smiled at her then she smiled back and I closed the door. I waited until the car was out of sight then slowly walked towards the house. I took a deep breath then I opened the door. I stepped in then closed the door behind me. I saw mam and Carson in the front room looking at me I just smiled at thenm and went straight to my room.

I closed the door behind me then threw my bag on the bed. I walked in the closet and change my clothes. I walked out of my room  fix myself before I go downstairs. I just have to pretend for a while until mam leaves. I go downstairs and sit beside mam.

"So was you're day" She said strokin my hair.

"It was okay" I lied. I laid my head on her lap staring at the tv.

"Mam"

"Yeah?"

"What time will you leave?"

"Six, Why?"

"Nothing" So I just have to pretend for three hours. I really need to tell Carson what happened earlier. 

----------------

"Carson I want you to take care of your sister okay?" Mam said walking towards the door with her suitcase. 

"Yes mam" Carson said. We walked towards her and gave her a kiss then she pulled us into a hug.

"I'm gonna miss you guys" she said pulling away.

"We're gonna miss you too mam" I said. She smiled and opened the door walking towards the car. We waved at her until the car was out of sight. I pulled Carson inside making him stumble a little then closing the door.

"What is wrong with you? You know you've been acting weird lately." He said staring at me. I stood there looking at him

"What?" He said then I looked away. I grabbed his arm and pull him to the couch sitting him down. I took a deep breath then sat beside him. He just looked at me.

"I saw dad earlier" I blurted out. I looked at my lap to avoid his eyes. When he didn't say anything. I looked up to him to see that he's staring at me. 

"What?" he whispered looking away.

"I saw daddy earlier at the mall" He looked at me.

"How?"

"I bumped into him at the bookstore" I said. I felt tears coming out of my eyes then Carson moved a little closer to me and hugged me.

"Don't cry" He whispered. "Do you want to see him again?" He said . I just nodded but I pulled away from him.

"Wait, you're not mad?" I said wiping my tears away. He just smiled.

"No, I'm not mad. I understand what you're feeling. I miss him too but I can't forget what he did to mam. But for you, I'm gonna do everything you want and If you want to see dad again I'll help you find him." He said. I hugged him.

"You know, I'm lucky you're my big brother and I love you so much" I said

"I love you too sis" He said and kisses the top of my head.

Comments?