Chapter Eighteen

I woke up and notice someone holding my hand. I looked to my side and saw mam sleeping. I thought she went home last night and she has rehearsals for today for tonight's show. She has to go home and rest.

"Mam"I whispered shaking her a little. She's stirring and looked up to me. I smiled at her.

"Goodmorning"I whispered.

"Morning"she said.

"Mam, I think you should go home and rest"I said. she sat up straight and looked at me.

"Why?"she asked.

"You need to rest, tonight's your big night. You need to rehearse later"I said then the door opened to reveal Aunt Sarah and Aunt Nadine.

"Chez, you're still here"Aunt Sarah said.

"She stayed here"I mumbled.

"You need to go home Cheryl"Aunt Nadine said giving mam a kiss on the cheek."Tonight's the night"she continued.

"I don't want to leave Carter"she said holding my hand tightly.

"I'm going to be fine mam. Please just do it"I said

"But-"

"Mam there will be thousands of people there waiting for you. You wouldn't want to disapoint them, would you?"I said to her. She just shook her head. I touched her chin to make her look at me.

"I'm gonna be fine, I promise"I smiled. She just looked at me and I gave her a kiss on the forehead.

"You're gonna be great"I said then she stood up and gave me a tight hug.

"I'm so proud of you mam"I whispered.

"I love you"she whispered.

"I love you too"

Mam pulled away and grabed her bag. She kisser me on the forehead before walking out the door. "Aunt Sarah, Aunt Nadine" I called.

"What is it babe?" Aunt Nadine asked.

"Where's Carson?"

"Oh, he texted me earlier. He's with Nic and Kim. They went to the shops to buy some food" Aunt Sarah said

"Oh" I simply replied.

"I'm just going to the loo" Aunt Sarah said. Aunt Sarah walked out of the room. A few seconds later, the door opened slightly so I just stared at the door. I thought it was Aunt Sarah but the door opened and I saw a man. I don't recognize him because his wearing a coat and a hat. Aunt Nadine stood up.

"Who are you?" she asked. I can sense she's scared, so am I. I didn't say anything, I just stared at the man infront of me.

"I said who are you?" Aunt Nadine said loudly. The man slowly removed his hat and slowly looked at me.

it's Dad

I heard Aunt Nadine gasp but I felt the world froze around me. I stared at him I can't believe he visited me. I thought he doesn't care anymore. I feel Aunt Nadine getting furious.

"Aunt Nadine can you give us a moment?" Is said

"What?"she said.

"Please?"

"Okay, but call me when he do something wrong" she said firmly making her way to the door. I just nodded at her. She glared at dad before walking out of the room. There's silence in the room. I don't know what to say, i'm nervous. He just stared at me. I think he also don't know what to say. I've been waiting for this moment to come face to face with my dad but why can't I say anything to him.