Chapter Thirty Eight

Cheryl's P.O.V.

She's gone. My baby's totally gone. I didn't even get the chance to tell her I love her. I already miss her. It will not be the same without her. Ashley and the girls have been comforting me since the morning. Sarah also told me that she had a feeling Carter knows she was gonna die cause yesterday she was already saying goodbye. And that made me cry more. I knew this day would come but I didn't know it was sooner. We thought she had a month more.

"Cheryl..." I came into my senses and looked at Ashley who was holding my hand standing up. I looked up to him and followed him to Carter's room to say our goodbyes. I walked in instantly tears started coming out. I looked at her face and I can tell she's sad. I held her cold hand and planted a kiss on it.

"Hey princess... Thanks for everything. You'll be safe and okay now." Ashley said stroking her hair tears falling from his eyes. I let the tears fall staring at her. " Don't worry about us. We'll be fine." He said rubbing my back.

"Baby, I already miss you so much. I wish you're still alive but I know you're in a better place now. We love you so much and we'll never forget you." I cried and I gave her a one last kiss on the forehead.

-------------------------------------------------

Sarah's P.O.V.

We're waiting for Ashley and Cheryl yo come out of the room while we sit here outside comforting each other. Alex, Jane, Julia and Lily just arrived and they look depressed. I knew this was going to happen. That's why I can't sleep last night. I've been watching Carter yesterday. The way she talk and move and noticed the sudden change. She kept telling us she loved us when we're having our lunch. That's when I got suspicious of Carter's actions. She's not herself. And when we got home. She almost cried when we're ready to leave and that never happen before because she knows she will see us the next day. And then she started rambling about her loving us, taking care of ourselves. I got suspicious at that time. When I told her that she was like saying goodbye already, she just gave me a smile and that's it. I knew it already. So I texted her hoping she would hold on just a little bit. She didn't reply. I waited all night for her message until I dozed off at around 11. When I woke up, I got the feeling that somethimg was wrong and when I saw the message... That was it. I already miss her. I think the world already knows cause Lily's om the phone non stop. I just wish she could see what she left. Me and Carter are very close. Me and Nic are her second mums while Diney and Kim are the closest to Carson.  So we're like shattered right now. I was cut off with my thoughts when Nic sat beside me.

"Sarah..." I looked at her. "Can you tell me this is all just a bad dream. That Carter is alive and healthy and there's nothing to worry about." She looked at me tears in her eyes. "Please?" I pulled her in a tight hug tears starting to form.

"I wish I can Nic, I wish I can" She's crying on my shoulder when Nadine walked over to us.

"I need to go and help Kim" Nadine said. Nic and I pulled away immediately and looked at her.

"Why?" I asked her. She looked at us worried.

"Carson's going crazy" She said.