Chapter Twenty Six

Cheryl's P.O.V.

He is here. Why is he here. I have to act normal and remember what Carson said to me yesterday. I stared at him as he sat not so close beside me. Carson and Carter are playing around. In years I've stayed here in London, I haven't been in places like this and I love it. It so very relaxing. When I saw Ashley earlier I didn't know what I was feeling. I felt nothing like we were strangers that will meet for the first time. I was cut off with my thoughts when I heard him whisper.

"I'm sorry" He whispered gently. I looked at him and this is the first time I've notice the change of clothes, the nice leather shoes, He also shaved and he's thinner than before. He changed.

"I don't know what I was thinking or what's got in to me on the days that I hurted you..." He whispered but not looking to me. I just looked at him and noticed him swallow. His fighting back the tears. Now I'm not angry at him just upset and need some answers.

"On that night when I... when Carson threw me out, that's when it hit me that I've been a bad husband and father. I told myself that when I fixed myself that's when I'll come back..." I felt tears daring to come out so I swallowed tge huge lump forming behind my throat.

"I went to rehab and all that stuff and fixed myself, But when I knew I was ready, I had second thoughts if I'll come back but when I heard the news. I decided to just start by visiting Carter to the hospital." I frowned and wiped my tears. So it wasn't the first time he visited Carter when I saw him in the house. He looked at me tears in his eyes and wiped them.

"Please don't be mad at Carson and Carter they didn't know I was coming..."He looked away and looked at Carter who's running around.

"I just want to fix what has been destroyed... and I'm sorry for leaving you" He whispered. I cleared my throat and wiped my tears away. I really don't know what to say.

"C-can we start all over?" He looked at me with pleading eyes. I'm not angry and upset anymore because I understand now. He really changed just so he can be with us again and I really appreciate that. When I didn't answered him, he sighed and looked like he was close to tears. I smiled

"Yea" I whispered. He immediately looked up to me and he seemed shock.

"Really?" He smiled and I just nodded my head. He sat closer but left enough space between us.

"Hi, I was wondering if you and I could go on a date some of these maybe have some lunch or just tea" He smiled."I'm Ashley..." He said looking at me and holding his hand for me to shake. I giggled a bit on how he could be so cheesy at the moment.

"Cheryl" I said shaking his hand. He smiled at me.

"So the date?" He asked.

"That'll be great" I grinned. He grinned at me tgen jump making me laugh.

Carter's P.O.V.

"YES!!" We heard dad yelled making us look towards their direction he ran up to us with a big smile on his face before I can ask what happened he loft me off the ground making me shrieked and giggle.

"Dad, calm down what happened?" Carson asked.We totally don't have a clue on what Dad is on about.

"I have a date!" He grinned and my eyes widen and looked into mam's direction who's smiling.

"What? like a date with mam?" Carson asked. Daddy grinned.

"Oh! Let's celebrate! Carson said loudly making me laugh and mam too. I ran up to her and hugged her tight. This is the best day ever