Chapter Thirty Six

This is it. It's my last day. I know it. I stared at the ceiling wondering how can I spend this day with my whole family including my friends. But my thoughts are playing around. I will really miss my family so much and It's really hard to say goodbye. A tear fell but I wiped it immediately when I heard the door opened and sat up.

"Hey" Carson smiled walking over to us planting a kiss on my forehead. A lump formed behind my throat. He pulled away and I smiled.

"You okay?" He asked patting my head.

"Yeah." I said. He smiled

"Go downstairs for breakfast yea?" I smiled and nodded and with that he walked out of my room closing the door behind him. A tear fell down my eye staring at the door.

"Everything will be alright" I said to myself. I wiped my tears and got out of the bed going for a shower. I got out of the shower and wear my favorite sweater. It will be the last time I'll wear this sweater. A tear escape from my eye. It's all real but I don't want to believe that it is real. I composed myself, took a deep breath and grabbed my phone before I walked down the stairs. I went to the kitchen to see mam, dad and Carson eating already. They all looked to me and smiled.

"Hey princess, come sit down and eat." Dad said. I sat beside Carson and start to eat.

"Oh pet, The girls said they want to take you out for lunch" Mam said and smiled to her looking away immediately avoiding eye contact. Mam reads me through my eyes. She knows when I'm happy or sad just by looking to my eyes. I continue to eat my food in silence.

"Let's talk about my birthday." Carson said suddenly making me froze.

'Please don't talk about that, It makes it hard for me to leave.' I thought. I took the glass of water and drank from it. I'll just have to be strong.

"So what do you want?"Mam asked. Carson thinks of what he wants as I continue with my food.

"I want to go on a vacation with you guys and Julia." He said.

"That's good, What do you think babe" Mam asked dad and he nodded. Then mam looked at me.

"Yea, yeah that'll be great" Even though I can't be with them because after less 24 hours I'll be gone. I sighed.

"Carter" Dad said making me look up to him.

"Is there something wrong?" I shook my head.

"I'm just tired" I said as I stood up and grabbed my plate putting it in the sink. Then my phone ring in my pocket. I took it out and looked at it. It's Alex.

"Hello?"

"Hi Carter, I was wondering if we could hang out today"

"Yea sure, but I'm having lunch with my Aunties later." I said as I sit on the sofa.

"Don't worry will bring you back to your aunties before lunch."

"Okay, Where will I meet you?" I asked.

"Starbucks in 20 minutes"

"Okay be there. Bye"

"Bye" And with that she hung up. I walked upstairs, to my room and brushed my letting the curls fall on my shoulder. I put my phone and the video camera in my bag and put my coat on even though I'm already wearing a sweater because it's cold outside. I decided to have fun and not worry to much about my last day. I walked downstairs and saw mam,dad and Carson on the couch having their own business. I walked up to Carson making him look at me.

"You're dressed where are you going?" He asked.

"I'm meeting Alex and Jane at starbucks and I was wondering if you can drive me there" I said. He smiled and stood up.