Chapter Thirty Four

A week had passed since I went to the doctor. My family still doesn't know when I'm going away. I don't have a heart to tell them. I'll be leaving before Carson's birthday. I already prepared for that. I already bought a gift to him. Carson's always on my side and I can't help to think that he should also spend time for himself or with Julia even though I'm not asking for his help, he's always there. Sometimes I can sense they are already started arguing about that cause everytime Carson gots home, he's always in a foul mood. And now, I'll be releasing my new single and the album here on the X factor. Finally it's finished. I was snapped out of my thoughts when mam walked in the dressing room.

"Hi babe, are you sure you want to do this?" She asked sitting infront of me obviously concerned. I smiled and held her hand.

"I'm perfectly fine mam"

"I'm just worried about you" She sighed. I stood up and hugged her.

"I'm going to be fine soon" I whispered feeling the lump on my throat. I pulled away and smiled at her when someone knocks on the door.

"5 minutes Ms. Cole" Someone said at the door. I looked at mam and smiled.

"Let's go" I said as we walked out the door.

-------------------------------------------------

"We're back here on X factor. Okay so she has 5 top tens and is launching her newest single here on X factor. She's pretty and quirky she got it all. It's Carter Cole." The lights went down as I prepare for my performance.

"God, let me finish the song" I thought. My nerves are getting into me but I looked at mam, dad, the girls, Carson and Julia and a smile formed on my lips. The lights went up and music started playing and crowds cheering.

Ohh Ohh Ohh

Said goodbye, turned around

And you were gone, gone, gone

Faded into the setting sun,

Slipped away

But I wont cry

Cause I know I'll never be lonely

For you are the stars to me,

You are the light I follow

[Chorus:]

I will See you again, oh

This is not where it ends

I will carry you with me, oh

Till I see you again

Ohhh Ohhh Ohhh

I can hear those echoes in the wind at night

Calling me back in time

Back to you

In a place far away

Where the water meets the sky

The thought of it makes me smile

You are my tomorrow

[Chorus:]

I will See you again, oh

This is not where it ends

I will carry you with me, oh

Till I see you again

[Bridge:]

Sometimes I feel my heart is breaking

But I stay strong and I hold on cause I know

I will see you again, ohhh

This is not where it ends

I will carry you with me, yeah yeah

[Outro:]

I will See you again, ohhh

This is not where it ends

I will carry you with me,

Till I see you again

Ohh Ohh Ohh Ohh

Till I see you again,

Ohh

Till I see you again

Said goodbye turned around

And you were gone, gone, gone.

The crowd cheered as I finished the song but I'm all out of breath and sweat all over my face. I'm coughing and my throat is dry. I can't feel my body. But I still stood there and try to compose myself even though I'm really not comfortable. Dermot walked up to us giving me a worried look. I looked towards Dad and saw him standing up and ready to go to stage while Carson's filming.

"Okay give it up for Carter Cole" Dermot said then he gave me a hug. I pulled away but stumble a little making them gasp but Dermot caught me. I stood up straight and smiled weakly. Dermot held my waist for support and I started coughing again.

"Okay...You need water?" I nodded but then the crowd cheered so I looked to my side and saw Julia walking up to us holding a bottle of water.

"Here, babe" She said handing me the bottle and I gently took it and turn around to drink. I let out a shaky breath as I turn around again giving it again to Julia and giving her a hug.

"You better?" I nodded as she pulled away. She gently patted my head as she walked away.

"That's sweet" Dermot said. I held the microphone up to talk.

"Thanks Julia" I said and let out a cough.

"Carter, I'm really sorry to have to do this but... Simon what can you say?" He said and I giggled I looked towards him and he's looking at me intently.

"That was actually amazing" He said making the crowd cheer as I smiled to him. "I'm really proud of you sweetheart" He said. Der mot looked at me.

"Thanks Uncle Si" I said. I looked at mam and she gave me a thumbs up.

"So when is the single out" Dermot asked me.

"It's out on midnight today." I smiled.

"So do you want to say something?" I shook my head feeling tired.

"Okay, so Carter's new single, See you again will be out tonight at midnight. Once again Carter Cole" I smiled and wave at the crowd. "Don't go away and we'll be back here on X factor."