Chapter Thirty Nine

"What?" I was nervous. Carson can do anything he likes even the bad stuff.

"Kimberley texted me saying she need back up cause Carson's going mad" She said quickly. "I really have to go guys" She was about to walk away when I stopped her.

"Wait! We're going with you" I said standing up and hold Nic's hand. Nadine nodded. We talked to Lily that if Cheryl finds us tell her something came up. We walked out of the hospital to be met by flashes of camera and tons of questions fired to us. We ignored them all and struggle to walk through them with the security guiding us to our car. When we got there, Nadine immediately drive.

-------------------------------------------------

We arrived at Cheryl's house and there's also paps here. We took a deep breath and got out of the car and walked through the paps. When we got by the door, We immediately went inside. The house was silent when we heard a crash upstairs making us jump. We immediately went upstairs to see what was it.

"Kimberley, Where are you?" Nadine called. Then suddenly Kim walked out of guest room with tears in her eyes and immediately hugged us.

"What happened? Where's Carson?" She was crying and suddenly Nic gasped making us look at her. She held Kimberley's arms which was full of cuts.

"What happened to this?" She asked and I look intently to her.

"It was just the glass but please stop Carson, he's hurting himself and he's really drunk." She said tears in her eyes. This is what I'm afraid of. The closeness of the two are unbreakable so it's really hard for him to accept.

"Nadine and Nicola, Go downstairs and clean Kimberley up. I'll find Carson." I said. They nodded and guided Kimberley downstairs. I took a deep breath.

"Carson, Where are you?" I called but nothing. I hear my phone ring but I didn't answer. My heart is pounding and I'm wondering where would Carson go. I walked towards Carson's room, I opened the door amd I was shocked. His bed was upside down, all the things were thrown on the floor and the mirror is shattered with spots of blood on it. I walked out and went to Carter's room. I opened the door. The room was clean and it was cold giving me shivers. I felt sad and remembered Carter again. She's always the strongest one. She expresses all her feeling through songs. That's it. Carson's in the studio. I walked out of Carter's room and walked towards the studio. The lights were off but the door is open slightly. I walked to the door and saw a smashed bottle by the wall and opposite of it was Carson curled up on the floor with a bottle of vodka by his side and a bloody hand. I slowly walked towards him and carefully sat on the floor. Seeing the state of him brings tears to my eyes. This is not what I thought of Carson. I thought that he was going to be strong and accept that her sister isn't going to be with him anymore. Not like this, he's depressed, shattered, broken, drunk. He doesn't even drink. I let out a shaky breath and started to stroke his hair.

"Babe..." I said softly. He didn't respond. "I know this is hard for you... I understand why you're acting like this, I do. But please don't hurt yourself" I wiped my tears. I took the vodka bottle and placed it behind me. There was silence in the room for minutes when he broke it.

"It's too soon" He said quietly that it came out as a whisper. I looked at him he has tears in his eyes. I see the vulnerable side of him and I think he's calmed down.

"I know" I mumbled looking away. Moments later Nadine walked in and sat beside me.

"Does your head hurt hon?"She asked. Carson nodded then Nadine looked at me sadly.

"I'll just go and get some meds" I said as I stand up wiping my tears away. I walked out of the room and went downstairs to see Nicola and Kimberley on the sofa. They looked at me.

"How was he?" Kimberley asked concerned. I sighed.

"Shattered" I said walking towards the kitchen taking the paracetamol in the drawer and a glass of water.

"How's your arm?" I said as I grab the first aid kit and walked out of the kitchen.

"Sore, but it's getting better... I think" I nodded and went upstairs to the studio. When I got there nothings change. Carson's still on the floor curled up and Nadine sitting beside her.

"Here" I said as I go sit beside Nadine. I looked at her and she shook her head. I let out a sigh and stroke his hair.

"Carson, Take this for your headache." I said softly but he didn't move. He's totally broken.

"Can I be alone for a while" He whispered. Me and Nadine exchanged looks.

"Can you please don't do anything stupid?" Nadine whispered. He stayed silent and manage to nod. I planted a kiss on the top of his head and stood up. I held my hand out for Nadine to take. She hesitated at first but then she took it. We walked out of the room closing the door behind us. I looked at Nadine and she has tears in her eyes.

"I've never seen him like that before" She said softly. I sighed and pulled her into a tight hug closing my eyes. We're all a mess.

'Carter, Please help us' I thought. I hope she got it.